Ongoing ATC Swap Gallery/discussion for 2023

I’m so glad you like it!

To give credit where credit is due, “Anne of Green Stables” was my 13-year-old’s idea. She said she didn’t want credit, but I don’t feel right taking ownership over her wittiness, lol! I then went with her idea to make the picture. And “stables” made me think of horses, and my favourite pop culture horse is Spirit, and so the idea was completed.

The house that inspired the books is a national historic site here in Canada (in the province of PEI, where the books take place). I’ve been there and it’s really lovely. By the way, if you haven’t read Anne of Green Gables, I highly recommend it. It manages to be hilarious and heartfelt at the same time, and Montgomery’s writing is just exquisite. I’m not a big fiction reader, and I’ve read this book 3 times—twice out loud to my kids, and last summer I read it all to myself, and really enjoyed having some “me time” with a good book :slight_smile:

OK, back to ATCs now :heart:

5 Likes

That is hilarious and an unexpected mash up!

2 Likes

I forgot to mention… the songs for the movie “Spirit” were written by Bryan Adams, who’s not only a Canadian, but a Kingstonian, too–born in my [adopted] hometown :orange_heart:.

So yes, a very Canadian card indeed :canada: :maple_leaf: 🫎 :laughing:

5 Likes

Anne of Green Stables had me chuckling this morning. It’s excellent.

2 Likes

I received today from @Lynx for my ocean/beach theme. I really like the vivid colours; thank you!!

12 Likes

I love my “pair of socks” theme and @bluebird just added this fun one to my collection!

10 Likes

Glad you enjoyed! I like trying to come up with a new idea to make for your socks theme. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What fun socks!!

4 Likes

squeeee!
I cannot express how much these make me smile, @bluebird !!
delightful!!

4 Likes

I love those socks.

2 Likes

I think pair of pants, shirt, hat, mittens, etc all need to be themes and then I’ll have a mix/match of clothing styles. Hahah

3 Likes

You could have “an article of clothing” for a theme.

2 Likes

If I were participating, I would choose underwear!:laughing:

4 Likes

Bahaha

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I rec’d from @megwell while I was out of town this week – how pleasant to return to a lovely ATC envelope!
You are so clever to use a greeting card w/slots for gift cards to pop the ATC into! Love this idea & I may steal it :slight_smile:

This was artist’s choice, and she chose a quote from the great Ralph Waldo Emerson – love that guy! And so cute how you made the “o” in flowers a part of a flower :slight_smile:
Not a wonderful pic – if you have a better one, feel free to post!
Thanks again for crafting for me!

8 Likes

So glad you like it! Here’s the photo I took.

12 Likes

That is so cool how the roses are superimposed on the background! So much texture and pattern!

2 Likes

That was originally just me stenciling over a very scrappy masterboard background to knock back the chaos.

4 Likes

I received my Sarah J Maas card from GeekyBookworm last night. It is Aelin and Rowan from the Throne of Glass series. I love it. TOG is my favorite in her universe! Thank you so much.

11 Likes