Ongoing ATC Swap Gallery/discussion for 2023

I love it! So nostalgic and fun.
I need to know about THE SPRITE INCIDENT!

1 Like

From @Juju for the January swap for my snowy path theme

I love all the different textures and elements used to depict snow and ice. Very clever!

8 Likes

Makes me want to run my hand over it to feel all the different textures.

1 Like

I know, right? Sadly the note did not include details!

I received this awesome atc from @irid3sc3nt!!! I love it so much!!!

Its from my theme of sock cactus (a cactus covered in socks)!!!

Thanks so much!!! I love it!!!

6 Likes

Well regarding the Sprite incident - it isn’t half as good a story when I tell it compared to my cousin, and it’s slightly gross. So if anyone has spit issues I’m spoilering it We used to have whole groups of cousins staying at the cabin. My cousin John was spitting Sprite randomly at all of us. I went after him with one of those old folding chairs that had lots of lines of plastic, yelling full out. He spit and it went through the lines of plastic and right in my mouth. It grosses me out to this day, but somehow when my cousin tells the story he finds it so funny even I laugh. Nothing too exciting, just one of those weird stories that sticks in a family.

6 Likes

I received a lovely card from @irid3sc3nt for my Victorian Imagery theme. It’s titled “Feelin’ Good,” and has a quote from the amazing Lizzo. She used Nepalese paper for the background and Sakura pens & colorbox ink for details. It’s a fun card. Thank you Carissa!

9 Likes

The dress on that lady is amazing! And the background paper is so pretty.

I received a card from @GeekyBookworm today, and it is super cool! It’s for my “windows and doors” theme.

She said she used a variety of different Tim Holtz components: flower, butterflies, and window frame. I love it! The colors are vivid and the layering of the components gives it such depth.

It came in a beautiful card, as well.

Thanks so, so much!!!

7 Likes

I haven’t held a swap before, I’ll have to go back and read the swap guidelines again.

1 Like

If you ever need help, we are here to guide you. :heart:

1 Like

I have been absent for a week or so due to Valentine’s nuttiness, but I’m back and at it! Working hard on cards and hoping to send out on time. :slight_smile: Love seeing everyone’s pics so far!

2 Likes

Just enjoying the gallery filled with such whimsical and clever cards! I am armpits deep in preparing tax returns and year end financials, so I will have to sit out a few rounds.

But, so many inspiring cards…I might need a break to keep my sanity and stress levels under control!

3 Likes

I received a cool steampunk bird card from @geekgirl ! I love all the linework and little details, thank you! :gear: :bird:

14 Likes

That is beyond awesome!

3 Likes

I received this adorable card from @bluebird today. She used my theme " Anything that starts with “J” ". I just love it! Cute is my thing! Thank you!

11 Likes

I’m glad you enjoyed it! It was a fun theme! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love all of the things that start with “J”!

I might need to have that theme next round!

2 Likes

From @geekgirl
My waves theme
It’s simply lovely! All in tiny dots. Look at the beautiful crest of the wave.
Pointillism is something I’m amazed by and you nailed it!

13 Likes

Love the assortment of little “J” items… and that wave is incredible!

1 Like

The wave reminds me of Hokusai.

1 Like