Ongoing ATC Swap Gallery/discussion for 2023

good eye! Because I based it on his work The Great Wave off Kanagawa

2 Likes

Wahoo! It sticks in my mind because my husband wanted that as a detailed back piece, but I think he’s moved on to individual work by certain tattoo artists.
He does have excellent pieces, though. No “regret” tattoos.

2 Likes

I received the cutest little bear from @bluebird
It’s so sweet and cute!!! I’m so grateful to have him to add to my collection!

12 Likes

I love the little bear!!

1 Like

Cute bear! What’s the background made with? It looks like small wispy clouds or dabs of something.

1 Like

Cute bear with its little coffee cup!

1 Like

That bear looks like he is relaxing on the
grass finding his calm and happy place.

1 Like

The reverence on his face is killing me.

1 Like

Thanks, everyone! :blush:

@Kwality570 — I’m glad you enjoyed it! :bear: :coffee:

@irid3sc3nt — It’s alcohol marker swirled around to give it a texture of either sky or foliage. :slight_smile:

@megwell — its for the coffee! :wink: :coffee:

3 Likes

I signed up!

5 Likes

Yay!!!

1 Like

@fluffypants I’m so glad that you reminded me of Katamari Damacy. There’s a free trial for the next 3 or 4 days on the Switch! Then it’s 85% off! I never got to play the original so it’s been fun playing this. I’ve been fascinated by it for a while. The graphics remind me of Chibi Robo… I think that was an N64 game? It made me laugh that the King’s voice is scratching.

1 Like

I received two ATCs this week!

Here is my hearts and polka dots theme from @geekgirl

It’s so cute! It’s going up on my mantle for Valentine’s month. The little Xs in some of the circles totally reminds me of early X-Men cartoons. Dang I really wanted Rogue and Gambit to get together.
She also sent kitty stickers and this notecard that looks like it came from a handmade masterboard or gelli plate. The envelope is really pretty, too!

@Juju sent my valentine theme in the form of this assemblage. And look it has a teeny postcard! I try not to touch it, but I love the different materials & textures on it.

I think our post offices are in a battle because it always takes about two or more weeks to get mail from one to the other. It’s nuts. I got a media mail box of books yesterday from two states away that was sent Friday. But a letter with more than enough postage? Nope.
I’m thinking about just buying the non-machinable butterfly stamps and calling it a day. My first class stamp+additional ounce stamp doesn’t seem to be cutting the mustard. /rant

Thank you very much for my ATCs!

8 Likes

You’re welcome and I’m happy you like it!

1 Like

That’s a lot of love/hearts! Both of those cards are great.

2 Likes

I received this asorable manatee from @endymion!

14 Likes

The background is fantastic on your card…very “sea” like…love the many patterns and colors. Perfect for framing the cute manatee!

2 Likes

Yes, how was the background created?

2 Likes

Thanks AIMR and irid3sc3nt! That was a masterboard I made for a swap. (Kept a small scrap for myself.) It had a smeared-ink base, then layers of stamping, gel pen lines, spray inks and glitter mist, with a few bubbles drawn with a fine-tip marker for good measure.

4 Likes

WHAAAT? :astonished:

2 Likes