Ongoing Christmas Ornament Swap Discussion and Gallery

Not sure my skill in _____ is high enough for the effect I want to achieve but I’ve got another idea for how to accomplish that part.

5 Likes

You’re going to drive @AIMR crazy using ___ :joy:

3 Likes

He’s surprisingly difficult to get a good picture of but @endymion made me the coolest robot ornament!! He lights up! Now off to try to convince my husband we should put up the tree in October…

I’ve got some swap anxiety now :grimacing:

12 Likes

I used @Bunny1kenobi’s STS bottle lights to make him light up. So glad he still works! I’m hoping his eyes stay put (if not, a drop of hot glue should re-attach them.)

2 Likes

Ohhhh! I really want to see him lit up now! He’s adorable.

2 Likes

He’s lit up, in the picture.
Here’s a link to the project, so you can see the difference between lit and unlit.

7 Likes

That robot is amazing!

4 Likes

Love love love! :robot:

2 Likes

Hoping to claim soon, but were I work/my family situation makes claiming Tapestry a worry, so I’ll wait until she lets me know how she feels.

4 Likes

I snagged @tapestry right up before reading this!

@endymion, your ornaments are always so create and now I want a cool robot! I love it! Hmmmmm I wonder if your tin birds can be made smaller and safely? A flock of those in my room and a flock on my tree? Yes, I told you…obsession.

Anyway, I adore that robot! I’m excited to see what everyone else is coming up with!

4 Likes

I’m also eager to see everyone else’s ornaments! I finished my ornament for @Tapestry. It should go in the mail on Monday.
…or rather, on Tuesday, since Monday is a holiday.

6 Likes

I’ve got my 2 ornaments ready to be mailed on Tuesday! (I think the post office is closed for Indigenous People’s Day tomorrow)

4 Likes

Ok, a bit more work tonight, and i will be able to mail out tues or wed! Yay!

2 Likes

I’m hoping to get in some good time on @Cindy’s ornament tonight!

3 Likes

I claimed Cindy because I am done with my first ornament! Mailing out Wed or Thurs, depends on work schedule and how bad I feel from my booster shot today.

5 Likes

I finished the other claims I made (although one still needs to be mailed), so I made another claim. I may need to stop claiming soon to work on family holiday stuff, though. At this time of year, my family starts giving me a hard time if they see me crafting for LC swaps instead of making Christmas gifts for them!

7 Likes

Argh! I went to use a critical tool for the ornament I’m working on…only to discover my craft room has eaten it. :sob: Pivot time.

4 Likes

My pivot wasn’t terrible. Not as clean as I’d like, but not terrible. Now if steps 3-7 go well I might not have to scrap my original idea and start over at the 11th hour.

Meanwhile, I claimed @endymion because I’ve had a particular ornament in mind since she first posted her list! Probably my last ornament claim though as I need to focus on the Santa Sack swap.

6 Likes

Sent my ATC today to @endymion ! Whew! Cutting that too close! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I am usually the queen of “cutting it too close”, so no worries!

Can’t wait to see what you’ve made!

3 Likes