Ongoing Ornament Swap 2020 Discussion and Gallery

Yay! Thank you! I’m excited to get started on @endymion’s bird ornament.

2 Likes

@endymion, your RBG ornament is so detailed! Her face really pops and I can’t tell if it’s 3D or just an illusion. I’m very curious as to how you created the ornament. Is it a photograph with well placed stitching? I love all the details like the background stars and her collar. As for those ‘All Rise’ sequins, did you hand sew them? I think the only way I could achieve such a look would be to buy sequin fabric and cut out the letters.

Your goldfish ornament is super cute! I love the creative ‘gravel,’ and the coloring on the fish is perfect. I can see why @AuFish is thinking of keeping it out all year. Such workmanship deserves to be seen!

As for the animal crossing owl, I love how your layers of felt give him such personality. And sequined owl-brows? Perfect!

@Lynx, the master board background behind RBG works really well. That and the pompoms lend a sense of whimsy to the entire ornament!

@roler, I like the addition of the jingle bell and the holly to your Christmas cat. He looks very Christmassy and ready for the Christmas tree!

@Lynx, what a creative idea to make a Christmas cat snowman. He makes me laugh - that tongue gives it such a sense of playfulness!

I can’t wait to see what else everyone comes up with!

2 Likes

Ack!!! Trying… to…resist…more claiming! I totally LOVE @AudiobookLover‘s themes! But I’m sure everyone is getting sick of my list being up there again and again. What to do? What to do…?

1 Like

Whoops, sorry, I already snagged her!! I have been unable to resist at ALL, so I totally get it! XD

MOAR ORNAMENTS!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

(I will try to restrain myself a bit after this though!!)

2 Likes

Oh, @AudiobookLover, I also meant to direct you to the separate topic where I told how I made the RBG hoop ornament.

Ruth Bader Ginsberg Hoop Ornament

Yes, her face is 3-D and I started from a photo. The sequins are all hand- stitched, which took WAY longer than I expected. But once I had started, I was too in love with the idea to stop.

That hoop is really WAY too involved and intricate for me to have given in this fun, ongoing swap where simpler ornaments are my norm.

But as those who know me can attest, I have a little problem with self-control/impulsiveness. :grin:

4 Likes

Sometimes you’ve just got to run with your inspiration! And it really turned out so amazing! XD

1 Like

@endymion and @roler, both of your lists have so many great ideas and themes to choose from! Forget the restraint, keep making claims :blush:.

4 Likes

Wow! You all were busy bees claiming each other while I was at work today! I finally had time to pop in and make another claim.

4 Likes

Glad you did! I can’t claim any more; I’m maxed out. Off to get some crafting done!

2 Likes

That was a fast claiming session!

So great to see more friends to hopefully claim soon. I am trying to figure out any finishing touches and seriously envying @endymion her sequins.

2 Likes

I wanted to mail to @AuFish today, but when I got to PO it was closed. Uh oh. Columbus Day! Ha. I will try again tomorrow.

3 Likes

I got half an ornament done tonight. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I got 1/5 of an ornament done yesterday!

3 Likes

That’s an oddly specific amount! Has me curious… :thinking:

I didn’t craft much at all last night. :unamused: My son decided we needed to sit down and watch “The Masked Singer” and he likes the room dark, so it is tough to craft while watching.

3 Likes

With drying times I think I’m finally at 70%. I’ll be able to make some headway today, as long as I can decide which media to use for the ______.

4 Likes

Lol, I need to make 18 pieces (unless it turns out I don’t need that much, which I’ll figure out as I go along) and do 2 additional steps, so I figure 20 parts. I completed 4 pieces yesterday, so 1/5 of the way done :blush:.

My husband and I often watch ‘The Masked Singer’ as our date night show, but we haven’t started this season yet. I’m curious what it’ll have in store.

3 Likes

I’m curious to see what kind of sea creature ornament you come up with!

3 Likes

I received from and sent to @AuFish today!

Look at this super cute Zazzles (my cat) ornament! I love it so much! So much like her!

Tabby’s are so cute!

Thanks so much!

6 Likes

Nice job on the Zazzles ornament @AuFish! I like the variety of embroidery stitches!

3 Likes