Ongoing Ornament Swap 2020 Discussion and Gallery

I love pom pom trim, it makes everything into a special occasion! Great RGB ornament!

Cute Christmas cat! The jingle bells are a nice touch.

The SnowCatCake is fun. I love that it pops out!

I sent to @Lynx today!

2 Likes

This gallery is awesome! I couldn’t resit any longer.
I figured since my 4x6 was received (& I’ve received) that I can (in my mind) consider it complete. Still waiting on those fridge magnets to get out of customs (I’m assuming). I’m thrilled that @roler was still available because I’ve had this ornie plan stuck in my brain since I saw her post it! :smiley:

3 Likes

It was just the right time! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am confused though… do I send roler my address and vice versa or do we get that from @Lynx?

When you claim someone, you ask that person for their address and when they claim you they will ask you for yours.

1 Like

Got two more ornaments done and ready to be mailed tomorrow!

I’m reeeeally tempted to claim @endymion again if someone else doesn’t snag her first! I’m gonna make myself finish at least one more ATC first, but after that, dunno how long I can resist! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This sounds like a lot of fun! I’ve never done an ongoing swap before, but I like the idea of being able to choose how many items to make. I have an ornament that’s been on my ‘to make’ radar for a while and it would work well with @endymion’s wishlist. Now, the question is, can I get my info in and approved before she’s claimed (and before @roler finishes her atc)? We’ll find out!

4 Likes

What a cute Christmas snowman cat! I somehow missed commenting on it here-it’s been a bit crazy at home this weekend.

Great crochet project, @Lynx! And thanks again for hosting us.

1 Like

Hey, cool! Glad you’ll be joining us, @AudiobookLover! Can’t wait to see what you’ll make.

4 Likes

Hahaha, I’ve finished one ATC, but I also already claimed another, so I’ll work on that for now and give you time to jump in! XD

4 Likes

Welcome @AudiobookLover!

2 Likes

Yay! Thank you! I’m excited to get started on @endymion’s bird ornament.

2 Likes

@endymion, your RBG ornament is so detailed! Her face really pops and I can’t tell if it’s 3D or just an illusion. I’m very curious as to how you created the ornament. Is it a photograph with well placed stitching? I love all the details like the background stars and her collar. As for those ‘All Rise’ sequins, did you hand sew them? I think the only way I could achieve such a look would be to buy sequin fabric and cut out the letters.

Your goldfish ornament is super cute! I love the creative ‘gravel,’ and the coloring on the fish is perfect. I can see why @AuFish is thinking of keeping it out all year. Such workmanship deserves to be seen!

As for the animal crossing owl, I love how your layers of felt give him such personality. And sequined owl-brows? Perfect!

@Lynx, the master board background behind RBG works really well. That and the pompoms lend a sense of whimsy to the entire ornament!

@roler, I like the addition of the jingle bell and the holly to your Christmas cat. He looks very Christmassy and ready for the Christmas tree!

@Lynx, what a creative idea to make a Christmas cat snowman. He makes me laugh - that tongue gives it such a sense of playfulness!

I can’t wait to see what else everyone comes up with!

2 Likes

Ack!!! Trying… to…resist…more claiming! I totally LOVE @AudiobookLover‘s themes! But I’m sure everyone is getting sick of my list being up there again and again. What to do? What to do…?

1 Like

Whoops, sorry, I already snagged her!! I have been unable to resist at ALL, so I totally get it! XD

MOAR ORNAMENTS!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

(I will try to restrain myself a bit after this though!!)

2 Likes

Oh, @AudiobookLover, I also meant to direct you to the separate topic where I told how I made the RBG hoop ornament.

Ruth Bader Ginsberg Hoop Ornament

Yes, her face is 3-D and I started from a photo. The sequins are all hand- stitched, which took WAY longer than I expected. But once I had started, I was too in love with the idea to stop.

That hoop is really WAY too involved and intricate for me to have given in this fun, ongoing swap where simpler ornaments are my norm.

But as those who know me can attest, I have a little problem with self-control/impulsiveness. :grin:

4 Likes

Sometimes you’ve just got to run with your inspiration! And it really turned out so amazing! XD

1 Like

@endymion and @roler, both of your lists have so many great ideas and themes to choose from! Forget the restraint, keep making claims :blush:.

4 Likes

Wow! You all were busy bees claiming each other while I was at work today! I finally had time to pop in and make another claim.

4 Likes