Ongoing Ornament Swap 2020 Discussion and Gallery

Super cute llama, @roler! I like the fun, bright party hat and blanket and that little puff ball at the top of his hat!

2 Likes

I love the humming bird, llama, guitar, and AC ornaments! They’re all so colorful and cute. I am playing with materials right now. At first I was thinking I’d go with felt…but that felt too obvious. Now I’m eyeing my polymer clay, paints, and a wood burner :smiley:. But probably not all together.

2 Likes

Yay, I’m glad you like him! This one was so fun to make; animals in hats is such a cute and cheerful theme to work with! XD

I received from @AuFish! Look at this total cutie!!

It’s a positively DARLING little anglerfish with its own little festive sprig of mistletoe, hoping for a Christmas kiss! Eeeek, I can’t get over how cute it is!

And not only that, the ornament is also a toy! If you hold the strings on either end and spin it, you can see some little fishie friends attracted by the light, kind of like with a flip book, as the two sides of the ornament blur together!

Thank you SO much, @AuFish; this is wildly creative and just too cute. XD

8 Likes

It made it there in one piece! I’m so glad you like it. My whole family feel in love with the lonely anglerfish.

I posted a quick clip of it spinning Here on Reddit for anyone that wants to see the spin action.

4 Likes

That is so creative!! Thank you for posting a clip so we can all enjoy the ‘movement’ of the fishies! I love the mistletoe sprig!

2 Likes

Oh, that thaumatrope is SO cool and creative!
I love optical toys…

And the llama is super cute! Love his pointy party hat; I guess that makes him a party animal!

2 Likes

@AuFish - I am in love with your anglerfish! How adorable and creative!

2 Likes

I came home to the sweetest Santa snowman ornament from @roler (I may have said santa in my pm to you. It has been a crazy day!)

Thank you so much!

4 Likes

Yay, this one reached you much more quickly! :slight_smile:

Yes it did!

1 Like

What a cute snowman @roler! I like the buttons on his hat and how the stitches give definition to the bottom of his beanie. Nicely done!

I’m not sure if today’s mail arrived early, or if yesterday’s mail arrived a little late (the mailbox was empty when I checked around 6 last night), so I’m going to double check again this evening to see if I have an ornament waiting for me too. You’re like an ornament/atc making machine roler!

2 Likes

Awwww! What a cutie!

1 Like

This is so fun!

1 Like

I have @roler’s ornament packaged up and just waiting for postage!
I started working on @Lynx’s, but it looks like my original plan might not work. That’s okay though, my husband is going to stop by Michael’s to pick up what I need for plan b :blush:.

1 Like

Did you get to enjoy a trip to the craft store when your little buddy was at school?

1 Like

Yes!! Unfortunately, I didn’t get great sleep the night before and I ended up feeling super unfocused (good thing I’d made myself a list!). But, I still made the most of it and I definitely enjoyed it!

1 Like

Such a cute snowman! I love the tiny star buttons!

Spent the day bopping about thrift stores for pieces of Goose’s costume. Found what I need for @AudiobookLover’s Ornament. Have a willing helper to be my hand for @lifeinpigtails Pinterest surprise, and found a book on medieval art to help me solidify angles on @roler’s medieval monster.

4 Likes

It sounds like things are going smoothly! I can’t wait to see all that you come up with!

2 Likes

I finished 3 ornaments and now have to devise shipping boxes for them. They are small but mighty! Get out the boxes.

5 Likes