Ongoing Ornament Swap 2020 Discussion and Gallery

I’m really glad I have some little shipping boxes that I saved after receiving various packages. I’m not even sure where to buy such small shipping boxes. I suppose that if I run out, I’ll start cutting down big boxes.
@roler should be receiving her ornament next Monday!

2 Likes

Sometimes I just use the white gift boxes that come in various sizes.

1 Like

I received the most beautiful snowglobe ornament from @AudiobookLover with a Christmas scene. I don’t know if she knew I like snowglobes or not, but I love this. The sheen is clear vinyl!

14 Likes

Wow, so many details!! And using the vinyl for the glass was really clever. I love all the colors and how the trees in the background give it so much depth!

2 Likes

So beautiful! The stag is just so graceful looking

2 Likes

That is gorgeous!!!

2 Likes

Wow! I even if I didn’t like snowglobes (who doesn’t), I’d be a convert! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey! I got a cool embroidered ornament from @Lynx this evening!

It came in a suitably festive gold envelope, along with one of her backyard bird photos.

She said it’s her first machine embroidery project in almost 2 years. It looks very professional to me! Thanks L2L! I love it!

How am I going to wait until we put up our tree?!?! So many fun ornaments!

6 Likes

I’m glad you like it! This was the _____ I was referring to earlier! @Audiobooklover, were we both using our embroidery machines at the same time?

2 Likes

Oooh, very pretty embroidery! I especially like the color choices! Lovely!

2 Likes

The black just makes the twinkly star colors pop nicely. Very nice tree!

Just waiting for my assistant for the day to do the heavy squeezing for me. One or two ornaments will be finished tomorrow. The third will need layers.

3 Likes

Lovely new ornaments! That snow globe is too cute! I’ve finished my first ornament and will be stalking the lists after I send :slight_smile:.

1 Like

I’ve been delayed. Had to do a COVID test (which was negative, yay!) and self-quarantine until I got results.

Should be able to get to the post office tomorrow.

4 Likes

Glad you are negative and out of self quarantine!

1 Like

Welcome @Riechan to the obsession that is the ornament swap!

3 Likes

I haven’t put up a christmas tree in the 5 years that me and my bf are living together (no room, no inspiration) but now that we have our own house, I want to make a wooden christmas tree and that needs decoration soooo here I am :smiley:

4 Likes

Yes! I was using it to make your ornament :blush:. I thought you might be referring to your embroidery machine and it made me smile to think we both might be creating ornaments using the same medium.

I’m glad you like your ornament. When deciding what to make you, I kept coming back to that design. I considered adding sequins or something under the vinyl for a ‘snow’ effect, but I felt that the glitter felt did a decent job on its own.

Thank you all for the kind comments on the snowglobe ornament!

4 Likes

@Lynx, I like your embroidered tree ornament. I like how the stars seem to pop!

2 Likes

Yaaaay, welcome @Riechan, and @endymion, I’m so glad your test came back negative!!

I’ve been way too busy to craft this week but hope to do a bunch over the weekend! XD

2 Likes

yay more players!

I did finish 3 ornaments, found/modified three little boxes and then bammm…somebody scheduled back to back meetings all day. PO tonight, hope the kiosk is working.

3 Likes