Ongoing Ornament Swap 2020 Discussion and Gallery

This Santa is FANTASTIC!!! Made me laugh!

1 Like

I’m glad you like him, @marionberries! His body is actually cardboard— one of those blank cardboard diorama ornaments turned on its side. He was inspired by some funny ceramic or pottery bells I saw online. Because I cannot do ceramics, I did a quieter, gourd-and-paper version.

2 Likes

I needed a good chuckle. Oh my, the mistletoe! That is not a Santa to mess with!

2 Likes

yes. the mistletoe…that is the best santa i have seen in a long time…almost makes up for this spectacular year of 2020…lolz.i’m curious to know what he gives as gifts. haha.

2 Likes

Ooo me too

1 Like

Just went through the gallery for the third time this week…so many cool ornaments…really loving the birds and the very unique ones…everyone is so creative this year!

4 Likes

I’m about a third of the way finished with @saintcady’s ornament, unless my brain decides something is missing.

1 Like

Let’s welcome @heroichatchling to our swap!

4 Likes

@endymion… that santa tho!! that is so funny. you people just make my day brighter.

welcome @HeroicHatchling! you’re gonna have so much fun. just look at this gallery!

2 Likes

I received a gorgeous ornament from @AuFish on Wednesday but wanted to get pics of it on my tree - hence the slight delay in sharing images.

She made a tiny jar with images of The Tale of the Three Brothers from Harry Potter on it. And the jar has its own built in light! It’s so pretty! Thank you, @AuFish!

10 Likes

That is so pretty!

1 Like

It was fun to get out the etching supplies again. I’m so glad that you liked it!

1 Like

And yet, another cool new ornament idea! It is absolutely beautiful!

2 Likes

Pretty and such a small jar. love it.

1 Like

Oh how lovely, the light inside makes me think of fireflies! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I received my first LC ornament. A fun needle felted cute lettuce from @curiousfae. Perfect timing, as we were putting up our tree!

Thank you!

8 Likes

Love the 3d veggie!

Wow, looking at this gallery makes me want to swap!

Join us!! There’s still a few days left to play!

Also, I just spent quite a while going through the claims thread and creating a new list to help me keep track. If this swap happens again next year (and I hope it does!) , I would really like a co-organizer! One of us could keep track of the chain list, another can keep track per swapper. That would be so helpful!

Anyway, it’s the second post here in our gallery, or just click here.

This should help spot any inconsistencies I need to change still.

3 Likes

Welcome @RagingSloth!

We have a few days left of claiming to go! I know it’s going to be fantastic!

1 Like