Ongoing Ornament Swap 2020 Discussion and Gallery

Aaaaand, just finished and packaged up another!

I think I’ll go catch up on ATCs for a bit now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yikes! I’m not sure I have been sending you all my messages, @Lynx. I’ll try not to forget any more.

@Tapestry, glad you will be joining us! The RBG hoop does have a separate thread, but it doesn’t have a lot of detail on the 3-D technique, which is called trapunto.

Can’t wait to see what you made, @roler! Have fun making some ATCs too!

3 Likes

Thanks; I did have fun making ATCs too! XD I have six swap claims going out tomorrow: 3 ornaments and 3 ATCs! :slight_smile: Weekends are definitely my most productive times by far. XD

2 Likes

@roler I had to cheat and claim you again because I found this crazy idea that I’m hoping will make a good “animal” ornament. Good news is, both will probably mail sooooon. :smiley:

3 Likes

Yay! I have both @Lynx and @endymion’s ornaments in the mail. I still need to finish @roler’s, which shouldn’t take too long. But I need to put away my ______ and get out my ______ to finish hers up.

1 Like

Look at the delightful beauty that @Lynx sent for my bird theme!

He reminds me of the swarm of hummers that flock to my grandparents back porch. They have a few nesting pairs and we haven’t been able to figure out how many others. Morning tea was usually accompanied by hummingbird arguments and a few near miss buzz-bys.

Instead of putting everyone’s hard work into a box until December, this year I decided to just hang them around the house until the holidays.
@endymion’s goldfish is in the kitchen, @roler’s owl is keeping an eye on my hoopla wall, and @Lynx’s hummingbird is right outside my bedroom visiting the chandelier tree!

I love it!

10 Likes

Nice job on the hummingbird @Lynx! I like how he’s in flight, ready to zip about the room!
@AuFish, morning tea with the hummingbirds sounds like a nice way to start the day! I like the idea of hanging the ornaments around the house until the tree is up, I think I’ll follow suit!

2 Likes

Beautiful, colorful, cheerful hummingbird!

And yes, I also have the ornaments I’ve received so far on my window! :slight_smile: @Lynx’s cupcake kitty is sitting on the sill, and I’ve hung up Blathers from @endymion on a hook on the same window XD

2 Likes

@Lynx We can have 3 unsent claims at a time, is that right? For some reason I was thinking it was 5.

Yes, 3 unsent claims at a time.

1 Like

@AuFish, I am glad you like your hummer! I have had about 12-15 or so ruby throated visit me the last 2 summers! It’s fun!

Filbert is one of my favorite Animal Crossing animals, and the only one that has yet give me its picture, so I am very excited to have him as an ornament!

Thanks @roler!

5 Likes

Yaaay, I’m so glad he finally reached you! I was getting a bit worried about how long he was in the mail!

1 Like

Filbert is cute!

It is great that Animal Crossing characters lend themselves so well to crafting!

2 Likes

I know, it’s crazy how the postal system has been. I’m glad he did make it, though! He’s such a darling fun guy!

1 Like

I love these! @Lynx, your hummingbird is adorable!
And even though I’m not familiar with Animal Crossing (other than topics on LC) he is sooo cute @roler!

2 Likes

My mind has been working overtime on an idea for an ornament for @Lynx. It’s basically been like, ‘hummingbird, hummingbird, hummingbird.’ And when I told my brain I need more than that, it said ‘flower,’ then returned to ‘hummingbird, hummingbird, hummingbird…’ So we’ll see what the final result is!

At first I was confused by this statement, but I think I’ve figured it out. Is it that the pictures of the animals don’t show up until you’ve completed a certain amount of accomplishments, kind of like badges?

@roler, you did a great job creating him, nice stitch work! I’m not familiar with Animal Crossing either, but they all look like such happy little characters!

1 Like

Once you reach a certain friendship level they give you their picture that you can hang in your house on AC. It’s the highest friendship level you can reach with an AC character.

Now, I’m super curious what you will make!

3 Likes

Oh, that hummingbird is so pretty! And it’s a great rendition of Filbert, too. It’s true that AC characters are great for ornaments, since they are so happy and cartoonish. I didn’t get my packages mailed out today; hopefully tomorrow!

1 Like

Hey! My mail was delivered super late this evening, but it was worth the wait, because look at the cool guitar ornament I received from @AuFish!

It looks to be hand-carved and hand-painted wood, and it’s painted all sparkly so it will catch the light on the Christmas tree! The guitar strap looks hand-crocheted.

See the little fret lines? And the little notches at the bottom for the strings?

The back is cool, too! It’s a midcentury mod design, because that was one of my other themes. I don’t know if you can tell from the picture, but the design looks embossed. The background looks like a colored wood stain-very cool!

She says it can be one ornament or two… I think I will leave it just as it is. I love it so much! :hearts: :guitar: Thanks!!!

5 Likes

Wow, so many personalized details! Very very cool! :slight_smile: