Ongoing Ornament Swap 2021 Discussion and Gallery

I’ve finally finished @AIMR ornaments. Sneak peek

But they have to dry and I’m in college tomorrow, so they won’t go on their merry way until next week. But at least they will be on the way!!

10 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m here! Sorry for being so quiet! I’m still working away on things here!

5 Likes

Wow! All of the gallery goodness has me in a better mood. :slight_smile:
Sorry to have fallen off of the face of the earth. My favorite aunt, vaccinated yet immunocompromised got COVID and it was touch and go. I was at her ranch in the wilds of AZ, which makes for great crafting time, but crap wifi. In better news, I met the mailman at the mailbox and got a few chuckles outta him when I was sending envelopes.
I was also greeted by some AMAZING ornies in my own mailbox. I’m back out to the boonies in a few hours and I will post Sunday when I have daylight and I’m back in town. Thank you @Camelama and @AuFish !

5 Likes

Take care hun! :heart:

2 Likes

Wow, that Julebock had me reading about Julebock and wondering how we missed that part of the tradition when we have a Tompte that visits every Christmas and Midsummer. Love it!

I got my second of my three ornaments out today!

2 Likes

Tompte! I still have the stuffed Tompte figure that my mother got when she was a young single gal for her first Christmas away from home. I love him! Here we are having a discussion:

8 Likes

I’m sorry I disappeared! And I’m sorry I didn’t get to claim more ornaments! My husband and I went to Vegas for a cousin’s Halloween wedding. Our first trip together in almost 10 years, and our first trip ALONE together since my nearly-19 year old w as born. I basically ignored my phone for 5 days. Even to the point that I took 4 photos the entire trip.

But while I was gone, I received three amazing ornaments!

First, from @Cindy for “Yarncraft” is this beautiful snowflake:

The card that came with it is gorgeous, too! Thank you so much, @Cindy! I absolutely love it!

And next, TWO ornaments from @endymion, one for the theme “Llama” and one for “2nd hand materials”. Both of them are so cool, and so different one from the other!

10 Likes

I’m glad you like the ornaments, and that you had a nice vacation. I may have to make myself a copy of the leaping deer ornament. It’s one of my favorites that I made this year.

2 Likes

They’re both really lovely! Thank you!

2 Likes

Aaaa loopy llama! It is so cute!

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, these are amazing.

2 Likes

Love the loopy llama!

1 Like

Smashing snowflake, Lovely loopy llama, and delightful dashing deer!

4 Likes

Artful astounding alliteration, @AuFish!

Yay! I received another ornament today, this time from @HeroicHatchling. It’s a colorful, cheery, hand painted wooden star!

I totally LOVE it! Don’t know if you can tell from the pictures, but the paint has some shimmer or sparkle to it. And the bright colors will really pop on the tree… So happy!

Did you make the braided cord yourself, @HeroicHatchling ? I’ve never seen any like that. Thanks so much! I can’t wait to put up a tree.

P.S. I just saw that the packaging says, “Merry Craftsmas”!
:laughing:

8 Likes

So glad you like it! I painted it in a style similar to the Mexican embroidery on my daughters favorite dress. I did make the cord myself, I figured red green and white would be appropriate both as Christmas colors and the colors of the Mexican flag.

4 Likes

Oh, that’s cool that you made the cord too. I was thinking the theme was “star”, but it was “international”, wasn’t it? It’s perfect for both!

I’m about half finished with my last claim, then I’ll mail out my last two in one trip to the post office.

I said I’d send you an international star…so that’s what I did.You are welcome to classify it as whichever theme you think it fits best. :smile:

4 Likes

Sorry; I’m a little scattered these days! It fits both themes perfectly!

2 Likes

I received this darling raven ornament from @AuFish for my animal group names theme. Inside the ornament are shiny coins showing the group names - rave, treachery, unkindness and conspiracy.

Thank you so much!

8 Likes

How cool! What is the bird made out of?