Ongoing Ornament Swap 2021 Discussion and Gallery

So cool!

Please be sure to come back here and tell us about the reactions of any not-in-the-know guests who see these words on your tree!

2 Likes

I’m so glad it made it and that you like it! It was a blast to dive into all the different collective nouns.

@endymion The raven is two pom poms made of boucle yarn, a scrap of sparkly felt, and the end of a couple of feathers. Everything is stash or recycled except the feathers.

3 Likes

Wow, I love the look of the boucle pom poms. So perfect for this project!

1 Like

Still no sign of the ornament I sent you, @Cindy? I was thinking it would be there by now, since I sent as a letter.

Nothing yet but that’s not unusual for US/Canada mail. Sometimes a letter can take a couple weeks.

2 Likes

received the most fantastic snow globe ornament yesterday from @Cyn-energy!!! thank you so much!!! I love it and have it hanging already!!! who needs a tree?

so awesome!!! thank you!!!

11 Likes

So pretty!

2 Likes

That’s adorable :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh yay! I’m so glad it made it there. I feel it’s almost a cheat using the sets from Simon Says Stamp, but I just love the designs they put out, and I did pick the elements, color it, pick the fillers, figure out assembly (which had a few false starts :sweat_smile:)… I’m glad you like it!! :grinning:

3 Likes

Awww… that snow globe is so cute!

2 Likes

A cute snow globe! Love the caption!

2 Likes

Adorable!

Got my last ornament sent out today.

1 Like

its perfect - no cheat at all!! i def think its a paper craft i could get into!! i always feel like i SUCK at papercrafting…mostly on account of my inability to cut straight.

2 Likes

Hey all, please help me with some housekeeping!

I know many of you have had life events that have delayed sending and/or sending messages as timely as usual, and that’s okay. I just want to check the status on some things (@aimr, I know you’ll update as soon as you can!), so if everyone can please go and check the claim list and let me know if I need to change things? I’ve only been updating once a day when at a computer so I am trying to make the least amount of mistakes keeping track, but I may have missed messages myself, too. Please check the list o the claims list page.

So, if you see something I need to change, please let me know!

6 Likes

Mine to aimr was sent via my husband who I believe did not follow directions and sent it regular mail with no tracking. Once aimr is back home she can let me know if I need to send her a replacement. I apologize, I don’t think I sent that email to confirm it was actually sent after I sent the one that it was going to go out.

2 Likes

I received the most adorable felt giraffe ornament ever today from @Lynx ! The kids were really good while my husband and I had to be out for a medical appointment (we rarely go anywhere), so when we got back I showed it to them as a surprise reward. My daughter exclaimed “oh my gosh that is the cutest giraffe I have ever seen, I love it!” I have to agree with her. It is so sweet! My son took it and ran off to his room. He has requested to be able to play with it until Christmas, when he begrudgingly has given permission for us to hang it on the tree for a month, after which he wants it back. He is industriously making a small bucket full of pretend lettuce to feed it right now. (He got to feed giraffes lettuce for his birthday this year). This little giraffe has brought so much joy to my family, he is going to be very well loved. Thank you so much!

12 Likes

That is so so so cute!

2 Likes

That giraffe is so sweet, and it sounds well-loved! It’s fun that there will be pretend food for it to eat. :heart:

2 Likes

Oh, I am so happy to hear that!

1 Like