Ongoing Ornament Swap 2021 Discussion and Gallery

I just received a delightfully retro/kitschy Santa ornament from @Lothruin. It’s so cool!

It’s so perfect for my retro/kitschy theme! She says it was made from actual vintage ornaments. She also included the crochet doily in the background.
Thanks so much! I love it and can’t wait to put up a tree!

9 Likes

I’m so glad you like it! I was worried it wouldn’t arrive intact.

Re: the doily: I keep a selection of vintage linens and fabric panels for the purposes of wrapping delicate items and protecting surfaces before wrapping in bubble wrap, etc. It’s more interesting and kitschy than using tissue paper. :smiley:

4 Likes

It was very securely wrapped!

1 Like

I had planned to send today, and was going to drop it off at the post office, but forgot it was closed for our federal holiday. Tomorrow it is!

Same thing here!

It is great to see a vintage Santa with a well styled beard. So fun!

1 Like

I love the idea of recycling older ornaments into something that else fabulous! What a wonderful Santa!

1 Like

I think I’ve stalled the claims, what should I do?

oh–hang in there…I was waiting to claim you!

I just a notice that my first claim to @edel has left the US !

1 Like

This gallery is going to be drool worthy again! What fantastic work artists!

I don’t think it’s you. It’s some need to send first and others (like me) are busy and not claiming a lot at once.

4 Likes

It’s definitely not you. I had an eye to claim you once something settled here but aimr had snagged you when I came in to do it. If others are like me there’s a chance this will be a slower ride than “ongoings” past, there’s a lot of behind the scenes hindrances to my ability to make crafting commitments.

4 Likes

I’ve mailed out my first today and and ready to mail out @photojenn but that will be later in the week.

Today I got stuck outside the post office when the lock in my van siezed. I had to wait for an hour for roadside rescue. So I’m avoiding the post office for a few days!

4 Likes

Definitely not you! I was actually sketching out some ideas for an ornament for you, but I wanted to wait until my “in transit” ornament got delivered to @aufish… which tracking data says it was, this afternoon. So time to make another claim! Hope I catch you eventually!

3 Likes

Sent a flamingo ornament to @Edel today! I don’t know how long it might take to reach her, but it was super fun to make!

3 Likes

So excited. Thurs will be the first flamingo on my tree

2 Likes

Your tree is up already?

Noooo. It’s a metaphorical ‘first’ until December

3 Likes

lol–My doctor’s office has a year round tree that they decorate for all occasions. I can’t wait for my appointment next week to see the Halloween or Fall decorations! lol

I finished one ornament this morning.

3 Likes