Ongoing Ornament Swap 2021 Discussion and Gallery

Finished up my ornaments for @Cindy and @AIMR and will be mailing them in the morning!

I have a crazy idea for one of my ornaments! Will have to try it and see if it works… If not, I have a plan B in mind.

1 Like

I received from @Lynx this morning. So cute! Look:
The note says it’s full of faux snow! And it’s fun that there are 3 snowmen and 3 humans who live here. How serendipitous. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

10 Likes

Got all of my claims sent out this morning. I need to catch up on some crafting for the 12 days of Christmas swap before I make more claims.

3 Likes

Very cute snowmen! Is the raven a card? Looks so realistic!

I’m almost done with the ornament for @Camelama; just waiting on one final piece to arrive.

Still waffling on the one for @lifeinpigtails. I think I may just do Plan B. Plan A would require buying things and would have a higher risk of failure.

My adult son was excited to help decorate for Halloween today. He’s really into it this year. He’s going to dress up as a Squid Game staff member. He keeps telling me it’s too early in the year to be crafting Christmas things.

1 Like

My pond life ornament arrived from the immensely talented @endymion. He is so full of personality!

It has been suggested that we name him Mr Ray Bete.

He goes perfectly with the ornament @endymion sent last year.

Friends forever, I’m certain!

11 Likes

I love that snowman heart and the goldfish in the bauble is fab!!

Prepare to be jealous. I got a successful package from @AIMR she is so kind (and generally and awesome human) the ornament is the cutest little flamingo!! But she also sent a wonderful pompom garland and the bestest crocheted great. All wrapped up in this lovely fabric… It’s been a very long week so this was such a treat to come home to. Thank you xxxx

Close up of the flamingo.

9 Likes

I’m sorry I’ve been remiss at commenting on all the cool ornaments that have come through lately, but they are all so wonderful!

@AntBee Such a sweet snow heart!

@Edel The flamingo is great and the pom pom garland looks so festive!

I’m going to jump in and answer you … the card has a Dark-eyed Junco on it which I’m positive is a picture @Lynx took herself (she makes cards with her photos)

2 Likes

@Cindy is correct! It one of my bird photo cards!

3 Likes

I really like the snowman heart…what a good use for the last bits of holiday fabric!

Is the little frog crochet? He does go well with the little fish…another cute ornament idea!

@edel, glad that everything made it intact! Fabric makes the best padding…

Ooooh! The flamingo is fabulous!

Yeah, the frog is crocheted. Here he is, before he was put into the glass ball:

I love the bird photo! No wonder it looks realistic!

12 Likes

Hi! I just sent in my signup form. Now I need to figure out what my themes are. I’ve never done this swap before, it seems fun :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yay! Glad you are joining us. This swap is so addictive and so much fun…

2 Likes

Glad to have you with us! It’s like a regular ongoing swap…but ornaments! Yay!

2 Likes

Wish I could claim you right back, but all my slots are full. Maybe I’ll catch you eventually…

Can you give all of us more information about not wanting anything secular? Want to make sure anyone who claims you, makes something you will love!

1 Like

@Cyn-energy … I believe this question was for you but got tagged to the wrong person

Can you give all of us more information about not wanting anything secular?

Sorry for my misuse of the word. I fixed it.

1 Like

I just figured you meant you wanted more “my favorite things” and not holiday specific stuff.

1 Like