Ongoing Ornament Swap 2021 Discussion and Gallery

No need to apologize, just wanted to be sure you received something you really want.

5 Likes

Just finished the ornament for @Camelama!
I love it so much! I think I’ll have to make a second one, for my own tree.

Now off to work one the one for @lifeinpigtails … This swap is so fun because it’s so quick and low-stress. I’m having a blast!

4 Likes

I have 2 ornaments made and will mail them Monday. Probably can do the 3rd by then too.

4 Likes

@lifeinpigtails I accidentally went down a research spiral. Which type of trolls are the Norwegian ones? Are they the big nosed hairy ones or the noseless small eyes ones? I got lost in Google…

1 Like

Here’s a link to the cool road in Norway called Trollstigen. They have these trolls along the road, they. are. huge. And kinda in that so ugly that they’re cute. But yes, big, ugly, hairy. Everyone in Norway would say with a straight face that they exist but they’re the size of mountains.
The beware of trolls sign makes me laugh!

1 Like

Thanks! Those remind me of some of my granny’s knick knacks and they really are ugly cute. I’m now imagining a mountain sized one trying to hide behind a 6 foot Christmas tree.

3 Likes

As a child, I always imagined ugly scary trolls under the bridge…

2 Likes

Those trolls are so enormous; they’d have a hard time hiding under a bridge!

I finished another ornament today. Going to try to make it to the post office tomorrow so I can make more claims!

2 Likes

The story was Three Billy Goats Gruff…as I got older, I became a bit obsessed with trolls which led to my interest in reading Tolkien which led to one of my favorite fandoms, LOTR, etc. etc. Funny how certain things in this forum bring up some fond and odd memories…

2 Likes

Oh, yeah! I remember that story, too.

2 Likes

Oops, my ornaments are ready to go but I forgot to get addresses for 2 of them. Messages sent now.

I have no willpower and had to claim again when inspiration struck while looking through @Cyn-energy list.

2 Likes

Oh yay! Thank you for claiming me!!! :heart:

The one prompt sparked a long, laugh filled conversation with the whole family. How could I not? Though none of us agree on the best collective noun.

2 Likes

Seriously there are some GREAT ones! These make me laugh:
A destruction of wild cats
A tower of giraffes
An army of frogs
So. Many. Great. Choices. I don’t envy the choice Summer!

4 Likes

I’m stalling on claiming anyone at the moment. Our builders are back and the place is in chaos.

2 Likes

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr … that’s the closest I come to swearing! Went to the post office today to mail my 3 ornaments, all nicely tucked inside cards. Asked for 2 stamps for the US and 1 international. The lady holds out her hand so I hand them over, thinking she’s going to put the stamps on for me. Instead she starts mauling them and asks what’s inside. I tell her and she replies, if there’s anything but paper, they have to go as parcels for $8.00 each :flushed:

I politely said I wouldn’t be mailing them then and took them back. Inside I was saying, ARE YOU INSANE ! I’ve been swapping online for 20+ years lady, I know what I can send in an envelope. Not the first time this one has given me grief so I will no longer go there. Back in Alberta, the ladies at the post office would bend over backwards to fit things through the letter slot or ask if I wanted to risk it without extra postage. Never had anything returned.

Off to a different post office tomorrow to buy stamps and mail my ‘parcels’ :joy:

6 Likes

What do you call 2 crows?

Attempted murder

7 Likes

Well, my Informed delivery showed a lot of mail that was supposed to come today but didn’t…and, they never picked up my mail either (a swap package and a bill!)…so, if they don’t come by tomorrow, I am going to brave the line and drop them off at the post office. They have removed the outside boxes everywhere, so it forces people to have to go inside…what a stupid move during this pandemic…

3 Likes

I just realized, with horror, that after the failed attempt to mail my first ornament on a federal holiday, i never went back! Ack! Well, I am headed back there tomorrow to mail off my tea swap package, so I will send it off then! So ashamed.

1 Like