Ongoing Wish Swap Round 4 January 2022 GALLERY/DISCUSSION

I worked on my item at work today and got a few curious questions and compliments. I think I’m on the right track!

3 Likes

Mailed off @kittykill’s package today. Still waiting on the supplies for @AntBee’s… now they are saying shipment will be delayed. No kidding?!?! Grrr! Starting to wonder if I should just give up on that idea and just make something else…

2 Likes

Oh man, that’s frustrating for you! Please know, you don’t need to stress on my account, do what will give you the most joy. I am in no rush and will be just bopping along over here and whenever it gets here it will be the right time for it to arrive. :0)

2 Likes

I made a little sweary something for @MelissaLeeDesigns but then wasn’t 100% sure about it so I’m working on plan B…tbd on what actually will get sent out! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yay! I received (@kittykill) my package from @sheepBlue last night, and IT IS AWESOME! Work is kicking my butt the last week and this one (more than one 10-12 hour day, plus random extra bits and going into the office a few times when normally I’m completely WFH), so it will take me another day or so to take and post all the fabulous pictures, so BATHE IN THE SUSPENSE, y’all! :joy: Seriously, I’m delighted. :two_hearts:

Also, I’m putting the finishing touched on my package for @MelissaLeeDesigns, so unless life falls apart, I should be able to mail that after work today! :cherry_blossom: I’ve enjoyed using this swap to get back into some crafty fun after being away from it for quite a while!

2 Likes

I don’t want to hold up the swap and can add more to my list, but I’m assuming since it’s the very end of the month that everyone else is busy making for their claims. If I should add more, I definitely will, however! Let me know, folks!

2 Likes

I just claimed ya, @Kwality570!

1 Like

Just a check in, @kittykill ! I did not make it to the Post Office yesterday. :frowning: I ended up working without a break until past 7PM, and it was suuuuper closed. I don’t have to do any OT today, though (yay), so I can take it today! On the plus side, I went ahead and dug around through crafty stuff last night for some EXTRA-extras to make up for the delay. :smiley: Your package will be to you soon, @MelissaLeeDesigns!! :two_hearts:

**Edited to Add: I sent Melissa’s package, and it should arrive by Monday! :cherry_blossom:

I was able to take better-lit pictures of my wonderful swap presents from @sheepBlue today!

First, the beautifully wrapped pile with the most awesome handmade postcard! Definitely how I feel. :grin:

Next, this amazing wasp nest, perfect for a creepy curio! I want to dip it in paint and print with the cells (I won’t, though; it’s too delicate).

And here she sent me some stamp carving rubber! Yay! I can’t wait to use it. And a hilarious pizza Christmas tree sticker. And a sparkly beetle charm (he has also gone to the curio cabinet). :cherry_blossom:

Next, this stunning and complicated-looking (ha, ha…pun) magnet, which was instantly applied to the fridge right above the bamboo tea box on the counter that I use every day. I am just as delighted with the random eyeball as she was; and I’m waiting to see how long until my husband notices. :grin:

And finally, this delicate little dried cicada exoskeleton in the most lovely box. It’s gorgeous and detailed front AND back, and he has also gone happily into the curio cabinet. I am trying to figure out if I have any small mirrors he could sit on so you could see both sides. Right now my solution is to place him near a corner that we walk by so you see a different side coming and going.

Thank you so tremendously, SheepBlue!! :cherry_blossom::two_hearts: You were so detailed and creative and thoughtful in crafting and personalizing my gifts! I feel absolutely spoiled, and smile every time I see them. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::rabbit2:

4 Likes

Wow, what an amazing collection of things! Really awesome collection for the curio.

1 Like

Yay, glad everything arrived intact! Happy to hear they’ll be good additions to your other curios :slight_smile:

1 Like

They did! You packed things super carefully! I loved the little mini-boxes you packed the fragile things into. Definitely keeping those to use as gift packages for others! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I just received a wonderful package from @mel. I love it!

First, this great journal.

You can’t tell from the picture, but it has a stitched binding. I write in a journal almost every night, so this is a perfect gift for me. Thanks! In the picture, you can also see the cool handmade card that came with it.

And then, not just one but TWO purse-pack tissue holders!

I adore yellow, so that’s the one I’ll use first. I strongly suspect that the other one — the one with the Pokeball colors — may be stolen by my son for his car.

A purse tissue holder has been on my swap wish lists for a long time; thanks so much for claiming me and claiming that item!

I love everything! :heart:

Oh! Edited to add: in other good news, I finally received supplies today for AntBee’s item, so I’m going to start crafting like crazy and plan to ship on Monday.

4 Likes

Wow, nice packages!

It’s been snowing in every direction including up today… I plan to drop off my package tomorrow after work because today I did not want to leave the house.

3 Likes

yay!! glad it got there in a timely fashion!! and i got those lovely cards in last year’s ows from @Bunny1kenobi!!!

2 Likes

I’ll be sending out my last claim tomorrow!

1 Like

Post Office tracking says Melissa’s package was delivered today. Yay!

I’ve started working on my final claim for kittykill, but I’m al little behind, since my weekend was almost completely full. Enjoying working on it, though!

2 Likes

I mailed my final claim (to @AntBee) today.

Tracking still says @kittykill ‘s box will be delivered by 9pm today… so that appears to be a lie! Detailed tracking info hasn’t updated for the past 6 days, which is worrisome…
:worried:

1 Like

Finally got the package in the mail, and also a third vaccine on the same outing. Wohoo!

2 Likes

C’mon post office! Work with us!

3 Likes