Ongoing Wish Swap Spring 2023 Gallery

Love the colorful tote and the scrappy zippered pouch.

I am almost finished with my claim for @Reinikka. I realized the other day that I’m flying from Vermont to Oregon for our school’s graduation, which meant that I had to get the claim done now rather than later if I didn’t want to ship late. I’m taking the items with me and plan to ship from Oregon.

5 Likes

Wow, @MightyMitochondria, that scrappy pouch is fabulous! Your use of fabric scraps is spectacular!

4 Likes

Awww…thank you!

4 Likes

So glad you like everything! I was second guessing the tote bag :sweat_smile: The cards were so much fun to put together, I used actual scraps from my “crumb quilt” that is in progress so they are scraps of scraps :laughing:

That zipper bag is way too cool! :heart_eyes: and I LOVE the lining :heart:

@Rlynn I live just across the river from Oregon :wink: It’s been HOT in my area, so be warned :hot_face: Have a fun trip! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

If you haven’t already you should totally enter that in the scrappy challenge! They are so great, they need a wider audience!

4 Likes

Yes!! Enter them in the scrap challenge. They are so gorgeous!

5 Likes

@AntBee & @MightyMitochondria thanks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: but I don’t think they are eligible since I made them before the challenge was announced :sweat_smile: I’m probably going to make something similar though :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

I looked carefully at the rules and MistressJennie’s clarifications within the thread. You can make them before the challenge is announced, you just can’t have a dedicated LC post (snapshots are OK) before the challenge is announced. That is why I entered my project. It was in postal service limbo for a month amd NOBODY saw it. :smile:

8 Likes

Good to know! Thanks :heart:

3 Likes

I received an embroidered quote from @Cindy! Great choice of fabric for this quote, and also bonus array of postage stamps I will use for paper crafting - thank you so much :smile_cat:

10 Likes

Oh, I love this embroidery quote. The fabric choice and font are perfect for the message. :heart:

5 Likes

I received from Mel. Look at that adorable apple pincushion!!! I love the color of the mug rug too. Thank you, @mel!!!

Oh!!! And how could I forget the weird orange cake recipe!!! I laughed so hard at it.

9 Likes

That tomato is so darn cute!!

1 Like

A knitted tomato! Very nice!

2 Likes

@kittykill gave me a gift card to The Fat Quarter Shop and my order arrived today. Instead of fabric I decided to buy items needed to make a new camera/binocular bag and another marking pencil.

10 Likes

That apple pincushion is really neat @Mel! and that’s an awesome gift from @kittykill!

I just received a super cool surprise from @Rlynn!!

This fishy bag is impeccably sewn, and in beautiful cotton fabrics too! I love it so much, thank you Robin :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

well. it claimed to be a retro inspired recipe, if i recall correctly…so yea. haha. and that apple was a fun little knit until i was trying to get the little dimple at the top…lots of swearing, but not nearly as much as when i made posey for the iyp swap.

4 Likes

oops…sorry, I thought it was a tomato…but now when I look closer, yes, it is more of an apple…still cute!

4 Likes

@Rlynn That fishy is the absolute best!!!

@mel What a lovely little pincushion :apple:

6 Likes

Oh my goodness. I adore that fish! Those fabric choices are perfect. If I saw that pattern I would automatically think of a brighter, more kid-like color scheme. You made the fish both playful and mature, if that makes sense. Now I REALLY want one for myself. :heart_eyes::fish::heart_eyes:

5 Likes