Operation Use Up Yarn -- Square Crochet Basket

I decided to use the little bit of black and speckled black bulky yarn I had left. I quickly jumped on the crochet basket bandwagon and figured this yarn would make make a nice yarnspiration stash basket.. The pattern is shows a rectangular basket, but as I was working with my yarn, I realized I did not have enough of any of my 3 types of bulky yarn to make it that way. So, I based my basket on this pattern, but instead of continuing each side as I work around the corners, I did each side separately (this ended up being important because I realized I didn’t have enough yarn to go the suggested 5" width) and used a smaller pretty turqouise-ish yarn with the large hook for the fold-over part. I love how that looks! I also used the turquoise yarn to sew the sides together and to sew the bottom on. I really like this basket a lot! I wish I had a craft room to put it! (I may give it to my niece as a graduation gift – I need to know if she likes blue!) or I may just hang onto it for myself.

20210225_155306_resize_30

The basket measures 8" high wide and 4" high. The sides are two different yarns and so they alternate A-B-A-B.

Thanks for looking!

19 Likes

Nice! Love these colors!

1 Like

You had a creative solution to limited yarn. You must be putting a big dent into your stash by now. So many great projects!

2 Likes

Thanks! There is still a bunch, but I have made a small dent! I’ve been thinking of doing an update photo for the destashalong thread.

2 Likes

This came out awesome! I adore the color scheme.

1 Like

I figured out what to use this for: many of my bird cards and pictures!

8 Likes

oh that is perfect!

2 Likes

So useful!!

1 Like

Very nice and a perfect way to use it! :heart:

1 Like

Those colors are so wonderful! Great job!

1 Like

The colors really match together!!

1 Like