OWS Round 1 (August) Discussion and Gallery

Yeah! So glad they got to you safe.

1 Like

I recognize Noialand stuffies! I have a pattern for a valentine one, but at the time the suggested felt shops were not selling because of covid.

1 Like

I received from irid3sc3nt. She made the nicest scarf for my husband and sent me some great little goodies! I love the color of the yarn. Thank you so much!

8 Likes

What a cute little felt doll! She is beautiul! <3

Yay! I’m glad it will be well-loved. And, hey, if you need more I’m your gal.

1 Like

Those little felt stuffies and scarf are sooo great!

I received two packages this week.

The first was my claim from @PrincessP for a bunting for my craft room. The walls are a very light yellow and she made the bunting in all yellows to match. Here is a photo of it hung with some other crafty items I’ve received in swaps. It looks great!

The photo is a little dark because that wall in my craft room rarely receives enough light to take good photos, but here a link to the photo that PrincessP posted on the Harry Potter Craftalong: Harry Potter Craftalong - Midsummer 2020 - Join Anytime!

I also received an amazing zipper pouch, some yarn, and a fantastic merit badge from @Thanate yesterday.
Everything together:

A closeup of the back of the pouch, decorated with some of her machine embroidery:

And a closeup of the merit badge/patch!!!

10 Likes

Hey gang! Just an FYI! We will start round 2 on October 1st. Mark your calendars!

5 Likes

Fantastic! I’ll be joining in when my swap packages from around 1 have arrived :blush:
I’ve already been working on modifications to my list :speak_no_evil:

This is such a beautiful gallery guys - you are all amazingly creative! Hope to join you in October if time and budget allow :smile_cat:

1 Like

Ooh perdy packages!

@artsycandice sent me the most wonderful hoop! She knew my heart had taken a pounding with the loss of friends and family during these last few months…she sent me a beautiful note that made me cry with grief and happiness…

The hoop is just so nicely done…anatomically correct, but with flowers to help heal and bring joy…thanks so much…the timing was perfect!

11 Likes

Oh, what a beautiful hoopla!

That is so beautiful, and thoughtful :relieved:

1 Like

This week I received my first ever prayer flag, from the lovely @AIMR :blue_heart::black_heart::white_heart: it’s the best!

AIMR, I love the story behind the garden themed prayer flag, and one day (when I’m not renting anymore) I hope to create my own night garden, filled with beautiful flowers which are most fragrant in the evening :slight_smile:

7 Likes

We signed another two years on our rented house, so next year, I am definitely going to be planting some evening plants, including jasmine and morning glories.

What do you do with the Joker cards you collect? I know I save certain cards for others…I use the other cards to paint on when I just want to do something small…

Anyway, glad you have a prayer flag…I love mine and have them hanging in my window inside my craft room…

On to what awesomeness I received from you!!!

I love my patches and even more, I love that you took time to research my new state and made me these special badges…it means a lot to me in a time when I am dealing with the move, retirement, loss, etc. Gives me hope and helps me through it all… :heart: :heart: :heart:

Can’t wait to drink the tea as well…right now, they just smell delicious!

8 Likes

Wow, more awesomeness! What a creative bunch we are!

My goodness! We are such talented people! I love how this swap showcases our talents.

1 Like

“my first pandemic” :laughing:

1 Like

It is actually my second…I was in the 1969 pandemic…but hey, most of you are too young to remember that one, so I will just take it as my first that I “shared” with all of you!

2 Likes

I received from @PrincessP! Look at this adorable bunting for my kitchen! Thank you!

10 Likes