Post your goodies here.

LittleCogs :mailbox::gift: >><< Myrthena :mailbox: :gift:

geekgirl :mailbox: :gift: >><< BeesKnees :mailbox:

Amfkinney :mailbox:>><< SonjaBoo :mailbox:

goatgoddesss :mailbox: :gift: >><< megwell :mailbox: :gift:

LovelyMiss :mailbox: :gift:>><< Smmarrt :mailbox: :gift:

:mailbox: Package sent
:gift: Package received

Yay. Got my package at lunch today from @Myrthena and it is brilliant. I suggested cars, quotes, cacti as themes, and Myrthena knocked it out of the park.

I am struggling to add more photos. I’m going to try in another comment.

3 Likes

This kitty genuinely made me laugh out loud!

Another of my themes was fungi, this cross stitched toadstool is adorable, I’ve actually put it on the bookcase in my bedroom.

And this cutie!

I got this pretty kitty

5 Likes

She drew me awesome stickers, and maps with lovely quotes on and so much more awesome stuff. I feel very lucky. I will try to post a couple more photos from my PC in the morning but the uploads keep failing.

Thank you @Myrthena for such a lovely swap package and thank you @Smmarrt for organising. I’m making good progress on my makes.

3 Likes

So much great stuff!

I’ve been having issues loading from my phone lately. Thought it was because I have an old iPhone that keeps running out of space.

2 Likes

I got so many great goodies from @BeesKnees!

A small book where the cover is dyed from flowers/vegetation from her garden. It has lovely coffee dyed paper inside

A large pocket with goodies

This pressed flower with what looks like really old tape on it. Thst look is fantastic!

And this luscious tag. I love everything but this might be my favorite.
How did you get that rusty aged texture on paper? It looks fantastic!

A cute little booklet

This β€œrice” paper pouch made from seeing pattern paper. So cool.

Spine jewelry!

6 Likes

YAY glad the package arrive and that you are happy with the contents!

The aged tape is achieved by using alcohol inks and straight alcohol on regular scotch tape. You just layer and layer and layer and stop when you think it is done. The straight alcohol chases the ink away where it lands, so you get some really cool effects!

I used a set of effects paste from Prima called β€œart extravagance” that I purchased like a decade ago for use with polymer clay work and on a whim tried it on paper - I really wanted to get your β€˜steampunk’ theme worked into the at least some of the pieces I made for you. The same effect could be reached with just a mix of acrylic, glue and really fine sand for texture in the three colors (brown, oxblood and mustard)

4 Likes

So many new-to-me ideas and embellishments. You knocked it out of the park, ladies!

1 Like

Just popping in to say that β€œrice paper” pouch is super cool!!

2 Likes

Really glad I got my package out before the photos started rolling in, because these are amazing. Great work, everyone!

2 Likes

@Myrthena that embroidered tag is such a clever idea for a swap item :smiley:

@BeesKnees I love how you repurposed a sewing pattern to make the pocket…cool!

3 Likes

yw.
I loved to make it.
Myrthena

1 Like

got my package from megwell - love it - two very cool tags, a envie with a paint treatment, a stack of papers and a very cool collaged strip, plus the note she wrote is painted cool, now I have things to start a junk journal - thank you so much.

8 Likes

I received from @LovelyMiss and she totally spoiled me! So many fabulous and crafty things!

Papers and other goodies

Stickers and ribbons and trim

Vintage goodies, journal cards, and so many cards/clusters to add into my journals!

More hand made and hand drawn cards and a paper doll - one of my favorite things!

4 Likes

Part 2

A mini journal filled with so many little goodies - paper clips, ephemera, mini tags, and bits and bobs.

Ashley really embraced the mixed media part - there are pieces that textured, sewn, painted, collaged, and assembled. Thanks so very much Ashley. You rock!

5 Likes

I’m so glad you like your package, @Smmarrt! It was a lot of fun to tap into some other styles and get messy and playful. Thank you, again, for organizing this, and being such a great inspiration and swap patner!

2 Likes

So glad you like them! There were some new-to-me techniques on these.

@LovelyMiss, love that little journal!

1 Like

Wow! So much goodness here already! What a creative group!

1 Like

Yesterday my parcel arrived at my sons And we opened it during a video call

Heather did make some marvellous galaxies in different sizes which i do like a lot. Have some ideas what to do with them :slight_smile: There were small earths (on black and white background) that i can cut out.
There were very fine leaves and stickers and a bunch of small inserts or background she made
All this accompanied by a nice letter.
THanks Heather . I love your parcel

There is only one picture as son had to make them: I ask him to make some pictures of the different things β†’ let’s put all together and then you see it at once was the message i got :slight_smile:
Myrthena

3 Likes

I received my package from @geekgirl ! I asked for nature/insect theme so you will notice lots of bugs all over the place - yay!

Overall shot:
20220523_124800

A little waterfall notebook of a gorgeous variety of papers, many of them painted:
20220523_124825

Each of the rest of the pieces also have small bits of ephemera and papers tucked in.

Coffee filter ephemera pocket:
20220523_125047

Tag bag:
20220523_125116

Fold-out ephemera folder:
20220523_125005

Ephemera pocket notebook with several pages of pockets:

Everything is so lovely, Carlee - thank you so much! (and yes, we definitely watched the same video for the mini-postcards!)

5 Likes