Paper Embellishment/Ephemera Swap GALLERY

The pants!! Fantastic package @loves2experiment!

1 Like

@Magpie you requested embellishments for happy mailā€¦I hope I delivered :smiley: I had lots of fun making stuff for you! Feel free to lop off whatever you need from the snippet roll for embellishing whatever you want. I am gonna make more because itā€™s such a lovely stash buster for all the paper scraps I squirrel away.

@AIMR yes, the stamped forest animals were fussy cut with my scissorsā€¦and the sassy undies too :laughing: I love my scissors!

@kayrun I used my alcohol ink markers. The circles were done with watercolors and upcycled bits of a paper shopping bag :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love my scissors, tooā€¦there is something satisfying and meditative about cutting things out by hand and not machineā€¦I enjoy that process a lotā€¦I have loads of punches but I still like to cut things out.

I donā€™t have a lot of stamps like that, but I do have a few and will give it a shot!

3 Likes

Yupā€¦my die cutter machine is still in its original box (I think someone gave it to me 10 years ago?).
What kind of scissors do you use? I love my cutter bee, but as much as I love to fussy cut, I am not opposed to buying another pair to try :slight_smile:
If you like the forest animals, I am glad to drop off some stamped images in the mail for you. Message me with your addy?

4 Likes

Iā€™ll say!

I mean to have a big pile of cards ready to send by end of summer with all that awesome stuff. I will not hoard, I wonā€™t! Gotta share all those fab goodies.

5 Likes

I use Fiskars titanium precision cut scissorsā€¦I have four pairs and love them because nothing sticks to them so you can cut glue, stickers, paint, etc. I use them for paper and fabrics.

1 Like

Ack! Iā€™m seriously jealous of everything everyone else has made! Iā€™m having post swap anxiety over how good everything else is! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Just goes to show I have a lot of room to grow! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

No, donā€™t have anxiety!! We swap because everybody does different stuff, and yours is awesome too! :green_heart:

6 Likes

What @thanate said. I just like to make stuff and if other people like it, great. But I absolutely love learning from other people. And seeing how they take the same materials as me and make completely different things.

Plus, sometimes newbies are uninhibited by rules or ā€œwhat should beā€ and think in completely different ways.

7 Likes

SAME here, Rein!
there are some really talented folks here & itā€™s a bit intimidatingā€¦
:fearful:

eta: I agree with what everyone is saying about we all use our talents differently, (but maybe my inner child doesnā€™t want to believe it)

3 Likes

I refuse to let myself feel swap anxiety even though my partner sent me a flat out incredible package of awesomeness. First of all, I think that would spoil some of the fun of unfettered creativity if she thought for a moment anything she made was going to make anybody feel bad. Thatā€™s the opposite of what any of us want! Second, I think that would spoil some of her fun in receiving if she thought I was unhappy with any of what I sent her. Truly, we each craft to the best of our abilities with our partnerā€™s preferences in mind and we each receive our partnerā€™s considerate creations with curiosity & enjoyment.
I sometimes have to remind myself of this too: there is no call for anxiousness, we all love & appreciate each other here.

6 Likes

Even those of us not in this swap are enjoying seeing the gallery!

Great ideas, interesting things, fun and playfulā€¦and friendship galore!

I am inspired and you guys are making it easy to keep the crafting mojo from waning!

5 Likes

Well put!

One of the reasons I love to swap is to make things for like-minded people who will give them a good homeā€¦and in return, I get to sample my swap partnerā€™s creative talents. Win-win for all!

And Magpie, your swap items were nothing short of fab!!

1 Like

Ok guys, lesson learned :kissing_heart: Iā€™m thinking positive thoughts! (But you are all seriously awesome and Iā€™m inspired by what everyone else has made) :heart:

7 Likes

So happy to receive @jemimah ā€™s package in 10 days. I was worried that it would take weeks. So yay to New Zealand postal service and yay to USPS.

First up some beautifully made wonky houses

A cool skinny ATC

Three gorgeous tags

Extra papers - origami and book pages, cool postcards, and stickers

A simply wonderful and meticulously put-together swap package. Thanks so much Kirsten!

10 Likes

Those wonky houses are terrific! And that ATCā€¦and altered tagsā€¦ah, the whole shebang is lovely!

1 Like

Oooh, wonky houses! They are so delightful. And that stacked yarn hair, love it!

3 Likes

I got my package from @jemimah too!

(Lovely tags & houses, plus a bunch of book pages, NZ stamps, and some other fun bits. :green_heart:). Thank you!

9 Likes

I think weā€™re done! That was super fun and all of you are super awesome for swapping, supporting everyone, and just be darn fabulous.

Have a great weekend and happy crafting!

4 Likes

Close-- my package hasnā€™t made it to NZ yet, but it sounds like the wait time is finally going down a bit!

2 Likes