Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2023

Those are seriously cool!

1 Like

Two coworkers were joking about fish tacos before our staff meeting today… I dreamed up this design on the drive home and spent about an hour and a half knocking these out :sweat_smile: I’ll be gifting them to said coworkers tomorrow… here’s hoping they don’t think I’m too weird afterwards :crossed_fingers::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :taco: :fish:

Taco Fish
IMG_7899

16 Likes

I started ICAD (Index Card A Day) again this year. It runs June 1 to July 31 - a 61-day art challenge. My goal is to use gel prints, fodder from Fodder School, and all other random papers I painted and I can’t remember what their purpose is.

I have a lot of backgrounds finished and hope to catch up this weekend.

12 Likes

Omg these are fantastic.

3 Likes

@Reinikka the fish tacos are fabulous and hilarious!!

@Smmarrt I love your ICADs, the different painted papers are gorgeous! Inspired!

3 Likes

Just in case anyone on this thread’s missed it, the 4 x 6 Art Swap is on now, make some art and sign up by 3 July! All experience levels welcome :grinning: :art:

4 Likes

and the author’s name is Kitty? funny!

2 Likes

Free (?) mixed media class

https://www.lalymille.com/workshop

Also - taster sessions of Kaleidoscope by WillowWing

https://bit.ly/AATASTERKS23

(Kaleidoscope may have started &/or ended already - reading old emails.) EDIT: The taster sessions still exist but they are taped and not live so no prizes or giveaways available.

1 Like

Fodder School Challenge 3 will start soon. that’s the 12 days of free lessons that you only have for a limited time - not the whole course

8 Likes

Registered!

1 Like

I am signed up already. Begins July 10, so I should be good to go!

1 Like

Like I have the time to add another thing but of course, I’m signed up!

Slowly, slowly I am working on ICADS. Six more completed, obviously I am not finishing one each day. But it is easier to work in batches.

I have lots of backgrounds done and sorting thru the many baskets of little things to add the focal images and words.

9 Likes

Those are great! I really love the black and white images on the colored backgrounds.

1 Like

These are wonderful! I love your backgrounds in particular.

Thank you.

I haven’t watched the whole video but this woman uses play doh to make stamps for gelli printing. She rolls it out and pressed it on things like baskets ti get an impression and then uses it as a stamp on her gelli plate. I’m sure clay would work too

Gel Printing with Play-Doh | Mind Blowing Results | Gel Printing Technique | Stretch Your Supplies - YouTube

4 Likes

That was pretty cool! I’m now looking around my room to see what I can imprint. Lol.

Wow! I enjoyed that. I wonder what would be said if I went to the thrift store and started using Play-Doh to imprint all the baskets there :rofl:

6 Likes

That’s just efficient crafting right there!

1 Like

This is the most incredible video of a woman making dozens of paint pans with pigment she hand grinds & mixes with honey etc.
I don’t even paint & I want ALL of this!