Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2023

Love your (Imperfect) letters

The prep videos are up now and lessons start on Monday.

1 Like

I’m just going to use what I have for pens for the Imperfect Lettering class - I really want to take the time to make all kinds of fonts and alphabets so I will just use what’s on hand. When I decide to get fancy - adding something to a book - then I’ll pay attention to brands and tip size.

Another of my resolutions is to NOT BUY EVERY DARN THING that a teacher mentions - I have plenty of stuff. (Slinks off to open the gold polka-dot tissue she bought from Amazon…)

5 Likes

Not sure if this has been posted about before but I got this tape runner for Christmas and it’s hands down the best tape runner I’ve ever used. It’s so smooth, always puts down tape where I want it, and is easy to start/stop.

2 Likes

Day 12’s theme was throwback, so I did a take on the blackout poetry page I did last year.

Last year’s:

8 Likes

That looks huge! I’ve only seen tiny ones. How wide is the tape?

Oh yeah, it’s a monster! The tape is only 1/4” wide

1 Like

@Reinikka cool use of the prompts! It looks like a city in the throes of bad storm

@megwell love the mark making and the gold!

@photojenn I finally took the plunge on the tape runner. It had been sitting in my cart for months and months.

3 Likes

All the journaling! Day 14 of Junk Journal January, “from the day” (in this case, the day = last Friday when I broke into the Steak n Shake gift card I got for Christmas).

Day 15, barcode.

And here’s the art journal page I did during the LC Zoom this afternoon. I actually managed to just go with the flow on this one and am quite happy with it.

“It’s not just art when you finish it. It was art when you began.”–Dani Coke

9 Likes

That’s a great barcode! Love the page you did on the zoom!

1 Like

Fantastic journaling, I especially like the words you choose!

1 Like

More mini collages in my fancy new notebook.

Ignore my paint covered fingers

2”x2”

1.5”x1.5”

3.5”x2.5”. This one came out a bit wonky

12 Likes

Really like that blue/maroon combo!

I love them and they look so profesh in your notebook!

“just start” is something I need to do with my classes!

2 Likes

When I saw that prompt, I knew exactly which barcode I was using. I’d been eyeing that one since I got the box.

Day 17, folded.

6 Likes

Have y’all seen the conversation about Spoonflower in the fundraiser topic? I remember seeing Julie Fei-Fan Balzer wearing a shirt that looked like her work in some of her videos & wanting it SO MUCH!
I think it would be incredible having a chance to buy fabric prints of the incredible paintings people are doing here lately. I would wear that stuff so fast! Wouldn’t that be cool?
Maybe folks would consider offering their originals work for limited purchase sometime, to raise moolah for the site?

1 Like

This is so interesting!
I’ll need to remember this tip.

I’m envisioning masterboard and collage fabrics :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Right? I’d make pants.

Look at Julie’s jacket.
And her lab coat!!

2 Likes