Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2023

OMG, those are THE COOLEST!!

1 Like

I don’t want to wear paint stiff clothes but I’d rock prints like that for sure. Spoonflower has many fabric choices too.
Anytime you lovely painters wanna take my money…

I didn’t get around to doing my drills yesterday so here’s my first page. I might try to do a second page tonight to make up for missing yesterday.

8 Likes

Awesome! I didn’t post mine because it’s so boring but…accountability!

I haven’t done today yet…

10 Likes

I plan to start today - I left my grid notebooks at school.

I think I’ll keep an extra composition book in my laundry bag and practice at the laundromat. Big tables and great lighting!

And @Magpie - it is my dream to have a floor cloth and futon cover painted in the Julie style. I love that coat!

4 Likes

Accountability is important, you don’t want anyone to have to nag or ‘encourage’ you :smiley:

3 Likes

LOOK at this gelli print fabric! Oh, I am gonna be making myself some very loud clothes, mmhmm!

3 Likes

Day 17, top 5.

5 Likes

Ooooh, sweet!

1 Like

@Reinikka :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Oh, I know. I’m trying to figure out a sample block thingy. Not the easiest website to use, I need a computer…

1 Like

Can’t wait to see that

1 Like

Mixed media artist’s/paper crafter’s dilemma- do I save these inserts (I bought socks) and make a foot book? Or upside down, a matryoska-style doll book?

Inevitably I’ll put them somewhere special and forget about them for 6 months!

5 Likes

@Cindy - So true! I’m doing my drills, I promise!

@megwell - I vote Henry. Love him!

@Smmarrt - oh I love both the feet and the doll ideas!

1 Like

The matryoska-style book sounds awesome, but also, I can’t get the phrase “foot book” out of my brain :laughing:.

3 Likes

They’re speaking to me about a shaped recipe book for when you have too many zucchini. :laughing:

4 Likes

lol I was thinking veggies as well…eggplant, squash…lol

1 Like

I knew I would find love & support here!
:foot::foot::foot::eggplant::eggplant::eggplant::nesting_dolls::nesting_dolls::nesting_dolls:

3 Likes

Is this like handwriting practice back in the day? Just curious

1 Like

Oh how cool! And we even know the designer!

2 Likes