Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

Update: A Keanu-style “Whoa.” Go to the end of the first post in the thread, and it Shows ALL THE LINKS POSTED IN THE THREAD!

3 Likes

Just my 2 cents. If you have multiple threads (zoom info, resources, general chat) you ae going to have people crossposting in all the threads - like hey go see my post. etc. or people will only visit some of the threads and miss info.

I know some people have issues finding stuff on the site but I have good luck with the search feature. Also I save a lot of bookmarks and give them my own tags and then I can go to my profile and look in my bookmarks and search.

yeah the links on the top level thread is a good feature.

I didn’t realize the zoom info being in the thread was bothersome. I suppose one thing we can do is post the link to the video and ask people to contact the organizer personally instead of in the thread. I haven’t been doing that because while don’t have issues finding stuff on the main site, I find the personal messaging system/email just awful.

But I personally would prefer to see all the results in the main thread. It is paper and mixed media after all and it does fit the theme.

4 Likes

I like it as it is, but start a fresh one for 2021.
That way, new people can jump in and feel a part, and if you’re wanting to search back for a specific thing you just need to go to the year it was from.

1 Like

I also think keeping it in one main thread, but starting a fresh one for a new year is a good way to go.

I’ll still be joining in however we do it!

3 Likes

I will start a new thread, seems like that’s the best option for the moment. I hope to be more active this year :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Oh how about a Craftalong thread JUST for zoom along? I’ll just start that up too. Anyone feel free to organize a zoom over there

2 Likes

EDIT: Barbie has been claimed!

Hi friends! I have had this paper doll barbie set for a couple of years. I am not a paper crafter. Anyone interested in a personal swap for it? I just want it to go to a good home. Message me if you are interested. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I say “I’m going to clean a space on my desk so I can get some work done this weekend!” And an hour later, more scraps, and scrap clusters. Oh well, at least I got up early.

7 Likes

That is such scrappy goodness right there! I’ve got the same plans to tidy surface work space today but I’m afraid similar is going to happy when I do. Some arting and more instead of less mess, haha.

1 Like

Also, there’s a project happening on Instagram called #100daysofcollagefodder and there are a zillion good ideas. I need to get some errands done now but it’s sooooooo tempting to just play all day in my pj’s

3 Likes

These are so cool!

1 Like

Here is another scrap busting project - wonky houses.

Tip: Ink all edges before assembling.

You can use the tiniest scraps.

Thanks for looking!

13 Likes

Ooooh, I LOVE these!

2 Likes

those are super cute!

1 Like

So cute, these are wonderful!! You’re inspiring me to try something similar!

3 Likes

I forgot to mention that these are about 1.5” wide and 2.5 - 4” tall.

Go for it, @jemimah !

3 Likes

They are so fun!

1 Like

Made an 18” by 24” master board to cut up into tags.

(Didn’t take a before photo - oops!)

Here are three finished tags - I was racing to finish so I cut them incorrectly. The tags are about 2” by 6”, and some are shorter just to mix it up.

I’m following the #FodderChallenge hosted by Willa.wanders.
willa-workshops.teachable.com

Fodder Challenge

The flowers are from another class I bought from Willa.wanders called Wonky Bits. I am cheating a bit here and I am using Scribbles 3-D paint I found at the creative reuse store.

Quotes are from Dina Wakley Media.

14 Likes

I love these tags! And that fodder challenge looks super cool!

1 Like