Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

I took a pile of junk mail and envelopes and made gelli prints

11 Likes

I love these! Are you using acrylics and stencils?

I had a gelli plate jump in my cart at Michael’s the other day, I need to give it a try.

3 Likes

It’s so much fun. And yep. Acrylics and stencils. And a brayer.

And I’ll gelli print anything. Book pages, trash, coffee filters, tissue paper, deli paper, etc.

5 Likes

Love how it jumped into your cart. It’s a lot of fun and a little addictive.

@geekgirl - I keep meaning to make a “doodle” book for my mom - she likes to color so I thought gel prints + gel pens = fun times for mom. Just need to get it together!!

2 Likes

wow…those are wonderful!

My box of junk mail is overflowing…and, I also found a huge stack of paper that was meant to go into photo albums…I haven’t done a physical photo album in years…and have no idea where even my wedding album is…time to break in the new gelli that I found…lol

I am also going to go through a bunch of old black and white photos from various family members and scale them back…maybe I can find uses for the ones that I have no idea who the people in the picture are! lol

Making stuff to fill up my new book…

2 Likes

Swap package arrived, I can show some things made out of masterboards!

Cards

Mini envelopes with tiny cards inside

Collage tags

Tiny book

The inside pages are security envelopes! Thanks for the idea @Reinikka

Another small book

I tried a new-to-me binding technique, it’s a single piece of paper.

The wee houses are magazine cut outs.

Masterboards are marvellous!

13 Likes

Wow! So much amazing masterboard inspiration!!

1 Like

I’m sure those science cards were meant for me, but they aren’t here. I’m confused. :thinking: :laughing:

Love that little book!

7 Likes

Everything is fab…and mine, all mine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You definitely are my inspiration to use up the tiniest of scraps, paper or fabric!

The mini books are wonderful and how you used the tiny pieces to back up words!

I love the wee houses…I also have that method of binding bookmarked…it is so neat!

2 Likes

all the things are so colorful and pretty! need to do some paper crafting soon ugh!!!

3 Likes

Wow, everything is just beautiful!!

2 Likes

Tonight I did the Cityscapes exercise from the doodling class. The background is a page in my art journal that I had colored with water colors previously. This one made my brain happy because of all of the straight(ish) lines.

12 Likes

These are all so great! I love seeing all the different ways you’ve used masterboards, it gives me lots of inspiration!

1 Like

:heart_eyes: wow, luckily swap partners! I’m especially drawn to your sentiments!

For sewing on paper, do use a special needle or setting on your sewing machine? How did you prep and adhere the paper to the inside of the envelopes?

1 Like

I use an all-purpose needle and I keep them separate from my fabric needles. I use mint tins with labels to sort them. Some folks use a denim needle but I think it makes too big of a hole while stitching. You do have to lengthen your stitch or else you just perforate the paper.

3 Likes

I love that! The background makes it extra cool. I need to get on that class!

2 Likes

I’m having a lot of fun with it. Since all of the lessons are already available (vs being released each day like the other class), I’m finding it less pressure to keep up with a schedule. I’m doing one every day or so and really enjoying it.

4 Likes

Another fun idea if you have stickers cluttering up your space…

4 Likes

Inspired by the recent paper swaps and posts, I decided to delve in and make a few things. I have been hoarding papers for several years and realized that I was saving them because I liked them a lot. I decided to make a mini notebook for some of the papers and now, I feel like I can use them in projects because I have saved some for myself.

Here are the three notebooks showing fronts and backs. The base is an index card.

minis

The cover of this one is some tissue paper. Washi tape is used to strengthen the spine. The papers inside are held together with simple twine. I had to give credit to @edel for the courage to cut up the “good stuff”.

The second book was made with a blue index card as a base and some paper ribbon that looks like birch bark.

The last one is all origami papers. The front says “treasures”

I will definitely be making more of these as they were so much fun…but while I have the origami papers out, I am going to make a few things out of some of the papers.

15 Likes