Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

@Abbeeroad it was a stencil, leopard print I think?

@Magpie I tried some pink splatters at the end, but I don’t think I did enough - also, I think a splatter box would be a good idea because I sent paint flying, and this is a space where I sew as well :stuck_out_tongue:

@AIMR @Lynx I think I’m going to cut some tags to start with :slight_smile:

@Bunny1kenobi thank you :hugs: that’s what I was going for!

… off to try to find the doodle class

5 Likes

Yes! I hope folks will share their progress. I still have to sign up. I watched the first fodder video yesterday at least! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Zero luck with the Gelli Print image transfers, but I think it has to do with the types of paper I had to experiment with. I’ll try again when a different batch of images come my way. Still, it got me printing a ton of pages for my LC summer challenge project, and it led to getting color onto ALL my remaining French-English dictionary pages, moving them from the “raw materials” area to the “fodder” category! :laughing: I didn’t have much solid-color paper to work with before, so now I have a good bunch. A taste of the rainbow:

9 Likes

Very nice, they will be great to work with

1 Like

Last night I did some slow art journalling, I was inspired by a picture I saw on Instagram. I was drawn to the concept of slow drawing and used the circles a chance to be mindful at the end of a busy Sunday. Not sure if if there was a correlation to sleeping so well, but I did! I might go back and add some more layers or journaling to the page.

12 Likes

This is really nice. I love the blue textures you’ve achieved

2 Likes

I think making those would be very soothing and perhaps release some good hormones that helped with your sleep!

Beautiful contrast and love how you left the white all around…

2 Likes

Just wanted to show some of the items I made for my partners in the Paper Embellishment & Ephemera swap. I photographed them in pairs so I couldn’t post until they both received.

Paper dolls

Water colored circles

Fabric and book page envelopes

Inspirational quote cards and altered playing cards

Origami pockets

Book page pockets with decorative napkins & tissue paper

Book page tags - I can’t find the inspirational video but it’s just one page, folded in half twice, cut in tag shape, and sewn. After that, decorate as you would any tag.

12 Likes

Such wonderful and fun things!

I just love your dolls and the origami pockets!

So many ideas…

2 Likes

Awesome! I didn’t join that swap because I thought it was like bead soup and I had to have a paper stash. :sweat_smile: Such fun stuff. Your colors are fantastic.

5 Likes

I love all the things you are all making so much!

I was was one of @Smmarrt’s lucky recipients :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: the paper doll is the coolest. I hope you’ll join next time there’s another round @Abbeeroad, it’s a great swap!

4 Likes

I took a pile of junk mail and envelopes and made gelli prints

11 Likes

I love these! Are you using acrylics and stencils?

I had a gelli plate jump in my cart at Michael’s the other day, I need to give it a try.

3 Likes

It’s so much fun. And yep. Acrylics and stencils. And a brayer.

And I’ll gelli print anything. Book pages, trash, coffee filters, tissue paper, deli paper, etc.

5 Likes

Love how it jumped into your cart. It’s a lot of fun and a little addictive.

@geekgirl - I keep meaning to make a “doodle” book for my mom - she likes to color so I thought gel prints + gel pens = fun times for mom. Just need to get it together!!

2 Likes

wow…those are wonderful!

My box of junk mail is overflowing…and, I also found a huge stack of paper that was meant to go into photo albums…I haven’t done a physical photo album in years…and have no idea where even my wedding album is…time to break in the new gelli that I found…lol

I am also going to go through a bunch of old black and white photos from various family members and scale them back…maybe I can find uses for the ones that I have no idea who the people in the picture are! lol

Making stuff to fill up my new book…

2 Likes

Swap package arrived, I can show some things made out of masterboards!

Cards

Mini envelopes with tiny cards inside

Collage tags

Tiny book

The inside pages are security envelopes! Thanks for the idea @Reinikka

Another small book

I tried a new-to-me binding technique, it’s a single piece of paper.

The wee houses are magazine cut outs.

Masterboards are marvellous!

13 Likes

Wow! So much amazing masterboard inspiration!!

1 Like

I’m sure those science cards were meant for me, but they aren’t here. I’m confused. :thinking: :laughing:

Love that little book!

7 Likes

Everything is fab…and mine, all mine :slight_smile:

2 Likes