Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

I would love to but I don’t know if I’ll be free this weekend. The last one was really fun as a group-yet-individual activity so I’ll try to make it work!

1 Like

I might be able to make it! I’m canning at a friend’s on Saturday, and sometimes we run late and I don’t make it home until Sunday afternoon.

1 Like

Maybe? Weather permitting, I probably ought to mow Sunday morning. But ought to doesn’t always = does…

1 Like

I made some stamps with foam shapes I got for lo

4 Likes

If anyone is up and crafting I’m just gonna go for it and do an impromptu meet up right now (or as soon as I can get away from my sleeping Lo) room is up, I’ll meet you there soon, Launch Meeting - Zoom

Blockquote

Sorry I missed that!

They look fun. Cardboard was a good idea - let’s you make even more stamps out of your foam!

I found my stash of foam sheets…they were a mix of the sticky backed ones and regular ones. Took some pieces of scrap wood I found in the garage and stuck the pieces on to them. I made them double sided…might be messy so I will see. I can always peel off the foam and stick it to something else later. I also found an eraser stamp I made long time ago. I think I have enough variety for our meet up Sunday.

7 Likes

fun!
double sided is a good idea.
a little mess never hurt anyone :slight_smile:

don’t go crazy, now

2 Likes

I sent out the zoom information for tomorrow’s art journaling session to the people who said yes or maybe.

Let me know if you want to join in and didn’t get the link!

4 Likes

Oh good, I was wrongly assuming it was this morning, and tomorrow I have no known conflicts for attending!

Find of the day: Making printing plates out of tyvek!/ The details are quite a ways down the page, so in summary, you heat a block of Tyvek on freezer paper so it doesn’t shrink and melt away quite as much, then mount that on cardboard after it cools. Add inks and stamp it down on your surface for a nice organically textured print! Or, potentially, press it into a wet painted surface to lift some of the color. I’m going to experiment.

1 Like

I’m going to be out after all. I sustained a dishwashing injury the other night. It isn’t serious, but it is on an awkward place on my dominant index finger, and that’s making even basic tasks a lot harder than usual.

I just watched the video, and (speaking as a non-papercrafter) she really makes it look doable! But…I forgot that tomorrow is my dad’s birthday, so I’m probably out for this round. Looking forward to seeing everyone’s interpretations, though!

I’m on the west coast but if I get myself up and presentable I will be there (maybe a little late :wink: )

1 Like

Argh, those are so aggravating! Sending quick-healing thoughts. :grin:
Don’t do anything you don’t want to, but have you considered starting some backgrounds and base-doodles using your non-dominant hand? It could have some some fascinating results, and would definitely be a different part of your brain at work.

1 Like

I am not sure I have everything but I will work with what I have…I plan on gessoing my pages tonight since I know I will get behind…just seeing others helps me get motivated…I have had this set of acrylic paints for months and finally opened the box…can’t wait…hope my inks aren’t dried up…it has been a while since I used them…ugh…I will be there and I will get dressed and not be in my PJ’s…ha ha ha

2 Likes

I think I can fit this in and I’d love to join you if I can! Pls send me the link! :blush:

1 Like

That was so cool, calluna! I get a lot of mail shipped in tyvek. I have been saving the envelopes because they also make great pouches for storing stuff…I am going to have to give that a try!