Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

I got the idea from Donna Downey. She did a series called Inspiration Wednesdays and she would time stamp a tag and stamp to each page - using 3 staples. Always had to be 3 staples.

I have lots of stencils and stamps now and I still love using bubble wrap!

I enjoy this video. I wouldn’t mind doing it again either.

It might be fun to do a swap where each person sends at least 3 suggested videos and their partner can choose one to watch and execute, using the materials they have.

I would swap that!
:four_leaf_clover:

7 Likes

Ooh, great idea! I’d be into that too!

2 Likes

That sounds fun! Like taking a prompt to a whole new level!

2 Likes

Sweet! The swap winners are announced tomorrow, so I’ll give it a couple weeks, and circle back to check interest for a private round (not part of the official swapping).

I’m excited! Maybe those who are interested can start looking for at least 3 FREE videos you would request? Keeping in mind, everyone is using the supplies they already have (or wish to easily obtain).

I just checked out this thread after a long time and wow! These examples that you guys created are sooo cool. I love how I can look at them and see everyone’s individual style shine through.
The swap sounds really fun! What a great idea to get the ideas and creative energy flowing.
I would love to join in another one of these Zoom things. I had some major weirdness in my life during the first two and wasn’t able to join, but things are returning to normal and I’d love to do one with you guys!

4 Likes

We would love to have you! I so enjoyed learning from my fellow lettuceheads!

I hope you do! I use your 2 layer technique AS STANDARD. Wonderful stuff.

Would you guys mind if I made a gif of all our versions and post it here?anyone not want their photos borrowed, let me know!

I watched this video last night and I’m so in love with all the layers, so pretty. I used some of the techniques last night. https://youtu.be/6VbdbYv5cN4
I love the idea of sharing videos, though I probably wouldn’t want to swap it. I did make a Playlist of a bunch videos I’d like to do. Maybe I’ll fake swap myself!

I was really impressed with the white ink pad in the video, I would like to get one. But I just used paint and a stencil!

2 Likes

Hey @audity, where is the gif going to be used?

Edit: NM. You said post it here.

Yes, I guess if it’s only posted here.

I’m ok with it if you are just posting it here!

I’m good with whatever!

I’m good…

I would love to see all our pages as a gif or collage :slight_smile:

I recently started up my YouTube channel again and now I’m thinking about doing some art journal pages :upside_down_face: So far I’ve only been making masterboard and ATC videos but I think I could venture into art journaling without too much difficulty :sweat_smile: I definitely enjoy watching other people make them :slight_smile:

Side note: I finally found my missing art journals! They were under a pile of other craft supplies :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I’m happy for you to do that :grinning:

for any paper crafters who haven’t seen it - there is a Happy mail swap going on. Signups end tomorrow at 5 pm eastern time!

And I posted a thread on how I make some simple butterfly embellishments

4 Likes

I have been super tempted to sign up for the happy mail swap, but the mail to and from NZ is extra slow atm. If someone didn’t mind a possible longish wait, I would love to happy mail swap with them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There were so many good swaps to choose from, I wasn’t able to join in the happy mail swap this time.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind a long wait! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @craftADDchick
I talked @jemimah into joining and now we have several options for her when I partner people up later today!

3 Likes