Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

I’m in!

I don’t think I can make it this Saturday, but I agree, I want to make another one of these bubbled spreads! And I’m really interested to see how it turns out as a space scene! Even if everyone took it that direction, I know each finished piece would be completely different.

The other benefit of these tut-alongs (cracking myself up with that term) is there isn’t time to overthink what you’re making. Without being in the group, one of these videos would take me all day because I would get distracted by other projects or be unsure of what colors placement, etc. to go with. It’s rather rewarding to knock something out, with layers, in about an hour!

2 Likes

lol I would hit the pause button so many times that it would be hours and I still wouldn’t have an end project!

1 Like

Thanks for the link!
I will make my own journal page and share with you all…as much as I want to join in live, 4am on a Sunday morning is a little early for me :tired_face: boo

Here is 6 minutes of confidence boosting from Julie Fei-Fan Balzer.

I’ve take one or two online classes with her and I watch Make it Artsy on YouTube/PBS.

2 Likes

I’ll join in if I wake up in time!

2 Likes

Got my test results- negative (whew!), so I won’t be home to participate. But, I’m looking forward to seeing the results and it will be neat to see how different they are from the first time with this video.

4 Likes

Glad it was negative…you are going to have a blast!!! We have a Lobster Roll place down here that makes authentic rolls…expensive as hell, but a wonderful treat. be safe and have fun!

1 Like

Thanks! We’re hopefully having lobster rolls for dinner tomorrow night!

1 Like

I would be there if it wasn’t my anniversary…! :grin:

oh, I think an anniversary beats a zoom anyday! Congrats and hope you have a nice time no matter what your plans are!

1 Like

Thanks!!

I sent the zoom info via private msg. If anyone else is interested in joining let me know and I’ll send it to you. Unlike the lounge this board is open to the public and I don’t want to post the zoom link here.

4 Likes

I sketched some goats on an old piece of cardstock and cut them out with an x-acto knife for stencils. Though this is for a specific project, I am rather giddy about having goat stencils and printmaking masks to use in any other project, as well!

8 Likes

I miss our Nigerian goat. His name was Gozer the Goatzarian. (With a loving nod to my bestie @gozer.) We has to rehome him before he killed our dog. They did NOT get along. :cry:

He wore a collar and was delighted to go on walks through the neighborhood. Your paper cutouts reminded me of him.

7 Likes

These are freaking hilarious and awesome!

1 Like

Aww, I didn’t know you had a goat! It’s rather serendipitous that I find this out before completing your swap package! :sunglasses: (plotting something goaty)

3 Likes

Lol!!!

I thought this was an interesting knowledge video on water, chemical compositions, gesso, and watercolor paper vs prepped canvas

(Kinda slow delivery, but good info)

5 Likes

I posted this on the Paper board - some little fripperies I’ve been working on.

I swear I am working on my swaps too!

2 Likes