Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

Yeah, more :red_circle:RED :red_circle:! Kidding, kidding. :wink: I really like the proportions of each color and white space as they are.

I’m going out to see the world and get some sun this chilly morning but will share what I did when I get home.

1 Like

@AIMR gorgeous colours and I love the diagonal flow across the canvas you’ve created with your circles

@JoyfulClover your piece looks cool! I love the strong contrast with the circles vs. white space, and the main colours vs. the r*d. Also the black and white diamonds!

1 Like

I tried doing almost the same thing on three different toned backgrounds to compare hire each looked with warm colors (each with gesso on top): one plain white and one green-painted book page:

And a pink letter-sized cardstock, which decided it wanted to become a picture of hanging ornaments:

I was kind of obsessed with the transparent globe effect this video pulls off so nicely, so I experimented with getting a fisheye effect behind the globes. Must do a lot more to get it right, but it was fun trying!

11 Likes

These look beautiful!! Your fish eye idea is so cool, I hope you will keep experimenting with it. Really gives that sense of rounded form and weight.

2 Likes

I want to experiment with paper in the circles…and I love red with blue like that…that video sure does set the imagination on fire!

oh now that is a great way to transform your piece! I really do like the roundness of your circles…another thing to try!

The color palette is delightful…orange and rusts…wonderful take

2 Likes

The ornaments and fisheyes are incredibly clever, @calluna. And the oranges and rusts are my JAM! With gold and pinks. Classic

2 Likes

I love the teal and red- they really pop.

2 Likes

I love your colors!

1 Like

Well, mine didn’t turn out even kind of like the video, but that’s okay. I think I can salvage some of this as a background for something!

4 Likes

I love your colours and texture - like verdigris on copper! It will make an awesome background for something!

I love it, especially the carving through the top layer! It really fits my current mood, too. I’m seeing a hazy sun rising over a pond in a very complex world.

That look absolutely amazing!!! So gorgeous!!

I really do like the scratching off…adding yet another texture…I think I will make some masterboards since I am out of canvas right now…just to play with colors and textures…these little lessons are fun to try new things…that is to MAKE me try new things…lol…nice work, everyone…ideas abound!

@Kwality570 I LOVE your piece! It looks like a cave painting!

2 Likes

I’ve been attempting to organize paper scraps which always leads to making stuff. Working on 4” by 4” art tiles (which were given to me by someone, can’t remember). Then made some on chip board and water color paper.

Most have snarky sayings, one doesn’t.

12 Likes

These are all great, but I’m drawn to the last one in particular. The person against the print next to it against the lemons is a really grabbing combo.

Oh I love them all!! Your compositions are so interesting and well balanced, and great combos of visuals and words too :smiley:

Thanks - I scored an old college yearbook from the creative reuse store so I’m partial to the “I’m sorry I’m late, I didn’t want to come” tile.

1 Like

These are simply awesome. I love every single one of them.

1 Like