Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

You definitely are my inspiration to use up the tiniest of scraps, paper or fabric!

The mini books are wonderful and how you used the tiny pieces to back up words!

I love the wee houses…I also have that method of binding bookmarked…it is so neat!

2 Likes

all the things are so colorful and pretty! need to do some paper crafting soon ugh!!!

3 Likes

Wow, everything is just beautiful!!

2 Likes

Tonight I did the Cityscapes exercise from the doodling class. The background is a page in my art journal that I had colored with water colors previously. This one made my brain happy because of all of the straight(ish) lines.

12 Likes

These are all so great! I love seeing all the different ways you’ve used masterboards, it gives me lots of inspiration!

1 Like

:heart_eyes: wow, luckily swap partners! I’m especially drawn to your sentiments!

For sewing on paper, do use a special needle or setting on your sewing machine? How did you prep and adhere the paper to the inside of the envelopes?

1 Like

I use an all-purpose needle and I keep them separate from my fabric needles. I use mint tins with labels to sort them. Some folks use a denim needle but I think it makes too big of a hole while stitching. You do have to lengthen your stitch or else you just perforate the paper.

3 Likes

I love that! The background makes it extra cool. I need to get on that class!

2 Likes

I’m having a lot of fun with it. Since all of the lessons are already available (vs being released each day like the other class), I’m finding it less pressure to keep up with a schedule. I’m doing one every day or so and really enjoying it.

4 Likes

Another fun idea if you have stickers cluttering up your space…

4 Likes

Inspired by the recent paper swaps and posts, I decided to delve in and make a few things. I have been hoarding papers for several years and realized that I was saving them because I liked them a lot. I decided to make a mini notebook for some of the papers and now, I feel like I can use them in projects because I have saved some for myself.

Here are the three notebooks showing fronts and backs. The base is an index card.

minis

The cover of this one is some tissue paper. Washi tape is used to strengthen the spine. The papers inside are held together with simple twine. I had to give credit to @edel for the courage to cut up the “good stuff”.

The second book was made with a blue index card as a base and some paper ribbon that looks like birch bark.

The last one is all origami papers. The front says “treasures”

I will definitely be making more of these as they were so much fun…but while I have the origami papers out, I am going to make a few things out of some of the papers.

15 Likes

Wow, these are awesome. Of course I love the mushroom one. But the treasures of origami paper is swoon worthy.

2 Likes

Pretty, pretty, pretty little books!

So, I was saving security envelopes for the patterned paper but then I came across this video tutorial for cool things to do with the window!

And the same artist had this gem, @loves2experiment it’s like a little book of folded pockets!

3 Likes

Bookmarking for reference! You find the neatest book tutorials :smiley: Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I have been using a bunch of her tutorials! I think the index card books might have come from her as well…I also bookmarked the window envelope tutorial and she has so many cute mini journals from junk!

No, it was not from one of hers, but I am making the envelope storage journal from her tutorials…when I get it done, I will link it…she is very organized and I love that she follows a list and covers each step thoroughly!

1 Like

oh, this looks fab!
I watched the intro to the class and got scared when she mentioned Drawing,
since that is something I DON’T consider myself very good at~
but I will try my hand at it & see how it comes out…

3 Likes

I’ve been dabbling in origami lately myself!

your books are just lovely~

1 Like

That made me nervous at first too. I wouldn’t consider anything that we’ve done so far to be what I immediately think of as “drawing” (which I am also not great at) so I say dive on in!

2 Likes

More doodles, this one was the circles exercise (I think #5). This one was really relaxing to do.

9 Likes

I love drawing circles like that

1 Like