Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

I just purchased this tonight, waiting for my email about how to sign in.

3 Likes

I treated myself to a book-making class, a part of the Bookmakers Collective. This weekend’s session is being taught by Wendy Solganik, aka Willa Wanders. Last night we made foam stamps to use today.

Today we are gel printing and painting a gessoed canvas for our covers. More later…

13 Likes

Oooo! Can’t wait to see more!

1 Like

I’m loving everything on this thread - you guys are all so inspiring!!!

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this goes here or in the Art Journal Craftalong.

Today I did lesson 1 of Alisa Burke’s Doodle It Out course - Swirly Lines. I should have started with a smaller pages because I was losing my swirls by the end just trying to finish.

10 Likes

It is fantastic!

2 Likes

Your swirls look great! For most of mine, I drew a smaller rectangle/frame in the middle of the page that I doodled inside.

3 Likes

That’s a good idea

1 Like

so cool!

1 Like

what a great idea! (making a smaller square within the paper – that makes it less
overwhelming for me)

I have yet to do lesson 1, LOL
I seem to overthink beginning it and of course I needed to order supplies (any excuse to buy new shiny supplies, right?)

3 Likes

For several of mine I used plain printer paper and a standard Bic pen. You definitely don’t need any shiny new supplies (which is saying a lot coming from me, the queen of buying all of the supplies before getting started). She even talks about not needing to get any special supplies for the class in the intro videos. I think as long as you have at least one pen you enjoy writing with, you’re good to get started!

3 Likes

I second that. All you need is a pen that doesn’t stain/bleed (English?).

3 Likes

Agreed…doodling is for any surface you’ve got, and any mark-making device you’ve got, down to a finger or stick in the dirt! Keep it simple so the brain can zone out, your hand can take over, and you don’t have to be concerned about wasting “good” supplies if you don’t like the look of it. And remember there is no wrong way to doodle.

7 Likes

I’m in a class all week and between labs while the instructor is lecturing I am cutting out hearts from my gelli prints. I listen better if I can do something mindless with my hands.

And last night I stamped on some scrap papers and cut them out.

Just working on building my stash of embellishments and focal points back up.

14 Likes

That heart with the purple circles is speaking to me. I love how you cut it with the patten going diagonally.

I need to work on building (starting) my stash of embellishments and focal points. Could be fun for a zoom?

2 Likes

I’d be up for that. This weekend is 4th of July so not sure if people will be around. Would a week day this week or next work? This week it would need to be around 6:30 eastern time. Next week I could do any time on Monday or Tuesday or 4 or later wed- fri.

2 Likes

I now have my storage journal just to build up a stash of embellishments! I have a small collection of master boards and gelli prints but I am running out of ideas as to how to use them…I don’t want anymore tags for now…I would like a ZOOM to toss out ideas and maybe make a few things as well!

3 Likes

Just saying - the artists behind the Fodder challenge are starting Fodder school - details coming soon.

I could definitely do Monday for a Zoom embellishments - it’s a holiday but I work all summer so I can’t usually do a week day/early evening.

And @geekgirl - love the hearts!

4 Likes

I’m off next Monday (the 5th) so during the day (any time between 10-4 central) would work great for me.

2 Likes

Oooo looking forward to this! I’m also thinking about signing up for Wonky Bits after seeing all of @AIMR’s fodder.

3 Likes