Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

@Smmarrt what time Monday would work for you? Would a start time sometime between 1-4pm eastern time work?

1 Like

I could prob join you guys on Monday. Might help me actually do some of the fodder videos.

2 Likes

Any time - I’m as free as a bird. Everyone else has spouses and kids and stuff…

1 Like

Let’s plan Monday July 5th 2pm eastern time.
Anyone who wants to join and make embellishments is welcome. We won’t be doing a video per se but can share ideas.

• I’m in
  • Not this time

0 voters

3 Likes

I’ll love a zoom, it would give me a deadline to get my crafty space ready. Or at least the start of being ready. We’ve finally moved into our new kitchen and I’ve cleared most of my craft room (the bits that can be cleared!) So today I’m pulling up the very old carpet and then I can put a desk back in and start to arrange stuff. Yay!

8 Likes

I think Monday I make some of these strips to have on hand

8 Likes

I just love her videos for making all of these things! I started a similar thing using my used up adding machine tape…I just do it after a project so I don’t have a lot…but, I like using the masking tape and just sitting with the box of scraps…what an accomplishment to be able to use those up!

2 Likes

She has some great ideas. But her sibilant Ss are like fingernails on a chalk board to me

2 Likes

I voted to be in the Zoom, not sure what I’ll do exactly, maybe practice my doodling and watch what the rest of you make things.

6 Likes

if kiddo is napping by 2 I will join you, it’s been too long since I’ve sat down to craft! :sob::sob:

4 Likes

You can also join late if needed. Since we aren’t doing a video this time, you won’t be behind/missing anything.

2 Likes

I’m going to take a page out of @geekgirl 's book and stamp a million things to cut out.
Maybe also punch out shapes from gel prints.

5 Likes

Look what @loves2experiment sent me! She did the stamping but I have to do the cutting…she has such cute stamps!

In addition, I am going to brag on her for sending me the cutest dolls! I don’t recall that she posted these so I am going to do it for her!!

14 Likes

Thanks @geekgirl :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Now I need to go buy some wide masking tape :sweat_smile: But this is a great solution/option for the piles of scraps on my table!!! Thanks to @Magpie’s teachings I save nearly every little bit of scrap and it’s hard to know what to do with them :stuck_out_tongue: But this is brilliant! THANK YOU for sharing :heart:

Tagging @jaynieroberts! I saw you were active a few hours ago :wink: This is a great thread for papercraft ideas, advice, etc :grin:

4 Likes

Oh gorgeous dolls @loves2experiment!

2 Likes

I think I’m going to do dolls on the zoom (or components with the goal of dolls in mind). I love them so much!

2 Likes

So many ways to do them…I was scrounging for images to use for heads, but, we learned how to draw faces, so I am going to try drawing some myself! These are tiny…like three inches… @loves2experiment makes things tiny so they are way cuter!

I think animal head dolls would be pretty interesting as well!

5 Likes

I went shopping! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Is it weird that I think the masking tape smells amazing? :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

@AIMR glad it arrived…happy fussy cutting :slight_smile: I had those stamps in my stash and it was perfect for the dolls. If you need more stamped images, lmk!

@Smmarrt, thanks for sharing the link to that series of lessons :smiley: They are engaging and fun!

3 Likes

Zoom is at 4am for me :sweat_smile: but I’m on holidays, so I might just set an alarm and join in :hugs:

The final piece to my set arrived today!

The acrylics are far bigger than I thought they would be, which I’m so happy about!

8 Likes