Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2022

I find myself resistant to filling all the spaces, period. I much prefer to leave some open for contrast.

That said, I pushed myself on that for lesson 8 and actually really like the result.

7 Likes

Love it! I started painting the paper for the second book but haven’t gotten too far (stupid work getting in the way). I’m not loving what I’ve done so far so am actually considering starting over but I think I’ll probably just push through. Still debating whether to make the large or small book for today.

1 Like

Yes! Looks great! I find that when I push myself to keep filling in that’s when I do stuff I hadn’t thought of…that’s probably the point! :sweat_smile:

Here’s my scribble for today:

7 Likes

Here’s my day 2 accordion book. I think I might add some doodling or outlining to it.

10 Likes

I like it the way it is!

1 Like

I finished my Day 1 Book!

2 Likes

The last of my pins…I need to find another supply I can doodle on randomly whenever the mood strikes…

8 Likes

I caved and joined Fodder School 2…knock on wood, my last leg surgery is scheduled for August 24, and, hopefully, no more medical appointments except routine! I retired so I could do the things I love…better do it now!

4 Likes

Yay! I had a feeling you might join :wink: After the fodder challenge I’m looking forward to all of the lessons.

If the last few years have taught me anything it’s don’t wait to do the things you love and/or want to do.

1 Like

Started on my scribble doodle page. I’m starting to notice I have a few patterns and shapes that I seem to always do back to.

6 Likes

I really like those piano key/teeth patterns!

Here’s my swirly lines:

I always admired this pattern in Alisa’s work, but struggled to do it myself. She makes it look so effortless! I love that the class is really giving me the opportunity to practice and get better at something I find tricky!

9 Likes

Here’s my day 9. I like the result, although I’m realizing fiddly space-filling just isn’t my jam.

7 Likes

Nice work! And HBD! :tada:

My brain rebels against the fiddly-ness sometimes but I think it’s good exercise to reign it back to the task at hand. And I always love the result so it’s worth it (for me).

Working on my day 3 accordion book. I think the best thing about finally splashing out for tubes of watercolor is I’m no longer worried about running out of them (there is SO much in the tubes) so I find I’m way more liberal with them/able to play around.

6 Likes

I’m finding I love filling the spaces but hate when I have to be precise. Just filling the spaces with whatever patterns come to my mind is really relaxing.

I totally agree! I like that the slightly messy look actually adds to these doodles!!

Loving your watercolor spread! I need to learn to be more liberal with mine (non-tube).

1 Like

Reminds me of someone I know well :smiley:

Hubby had 4 coworkers test positive on the weekend so I’m fairly certain that’s what has both of us down and out too :face_with_thermometer: I’ll catch up once I can be up longer than 10 minutes.

1 Like

Ugh, I hope you feel better soon! It seems like everyone is getting sick lately. My husband and I are still basically hermits but I’m really longing for things to get back to normal.

1 Like

Thanks!

I think part of my problem is that I tend to be the kind of person who can’t just Do The Thing the normal way, so I get hung up trying to put my spin on it, and make all the bits different from each other, and and and. So you’re totally right about the reining it in aspect.

I’m enjoying that more as well. I feel like the point of a class like this (at least for me) is to try stuff out and keep what works for me/leave the rest.

1 Like

Still waiting for the belly band to dry but I sewed the middle portion in. I love this one, such a simple structure and I think it would be perfect for a special card.

I’m really having fun with this challenge!

8 Likes