Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2022

Speaking of classes, it looks like sign-ups are open for the free Fodder Challenge starting in couple weeks (I think it starts July 5th?)

3 Likes

I signed up for the free week but I won’t sweat it if I don’t get around to it.

2 Likes

I signed up as well. I really liked her tag workshop and that wonky bits class. I was forgot that we got that class for free and that it would not be available for reference. I might pay for it just to refresh my memory…or I could go back and look at our own thread where people posted what they made… :).

I signed up too. Some new-to-me teachers as a bonus.

More 4” x 6” ICADs. Some work, some maybe need something more.

7 Likes

8 Likes

9 Likes

You have been super creative! All of them are fabulous, but I really like the ones with the faces…something vulnerable about them.

1 Like

Using my watercolor crayons, stencils and stamps…I love making these…

Even the “blobs” are savable,and I actually like them a lot!

9 Likes

Not that I need another class, but it was only $10…

Cheap paper book making class

1 Like

This looks like fun and I love Andrea’s kits! I’m not sure if I’ll be able to do it that week or not, do you know if the videos are available after the week?

They videos are available in your “library”. The only thing special about the week is there will be two zoom calls available per day. You don’t have to get the classes done each day either…you can do them at your own pace.

I just thought the ideas were good…something else to do with all of this paper!

1 Like

So for Box Week, the first week of summer camp at my preschool, I asked kids to decorate a box to make a community sculpture.

It grew to 2 installations to accommodate all the contributions

I want to add a fairy house as a surprise. I have a mailbox - about 4” x 6” x 6” so the children can write actual letters and I won’t go crazy making tiny letters. (I’ll add a pic tomorrow- it’s at school.)

Here is the house - I will wash with beige or white paint.

The base is a round cheese box with card stock for the walls. I just used recycle bin papers to cover.

I’m thinking for the the top I’ll make a mushroom-like fluffy shape. I have the lid to the cheese box and I think I can sew a shower cap like thing, stuff it and glue to the lid.

Anyone have any easier ideas?

I plan to add baskets and twig furniture and some other easy-to-make miniatures. All suggestions welcome!

6 Likes

Very cool! (I would probably do a cone-shaped roof, maybe with a little chimney on it, but that’s me…)

I went with pointy - aluminum foil, packing paper & brown napkin. Added a layer of fiber paste.

And the white wash of the house

3 Likes

Ooh, gourd-shaped!

1 Like

Oh, and there is a hole at the base of the roof to add those mini wine bottle lights. Those are at school too. I hope to finish up and install this weekend.

2 Likes

My husband just bought a gouache set and said I could play with them. They look interesting but I haven’t tried them yet.

I’m dipping my toes back into crafting… Trying to organize (re-organize…) my stuuuuuff and I think I’ll make some foddery things with some paper stashes that I can’t seem to throw away/recycle/gift/etc :sweat_smile:
Going to make some houses, mushrooms, and paper ruffles to start. Hopefully they will jump-start some real creativity soon!

4 Likes

Five more 4 x 6” ICADs, using every little thing in the scrap bin.

9 Likes

7 Likes