Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2022

I blame @geekgirl and @Smmarrt …er, that should be I CREDIT them for encouraging/enabling me to take classes! Seems my bestie online is @photojenn ! She likes all my posts and fuels the fire…lol…isn’t it great? Yes, we are all learning and encouraging each other! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Guilty :joy:

2 Likes

I feel like a proud mother hen watching all the chicks grow and expand on their talents!

8 Likes

:heart_eyes: … I’m loving these colours yet again

1 Like

Your colours are fantastic :heart_eyes:

1 Like

These were fun! I didn’t think I’d like the colors but I ended up really liking the finished results.

12 Likes

I like the colors and the stems and all of it!

1 Like

Enabler alert - Alisa Burke is doing her (yearly?) ceramics and painted pouch & journal sale (I don’t think she sells them year round). I got a couple pieces and told my husband he could wrap them up for Christmas. We will see if I still think that when they arrive :joy:

1 Like

Oh, I love her ceramics…thx.

1 Like

Today I’m playing around trying to make florals in the style of Joanne Sharpe for the last accordion book. I really like her style but think I might need more than the 2 min quick tutorial she gave on how to make the flowers.

6 Likes

I just love her style. I just went for it!

11 Likes

Wowzers, that’s beautiful

I love it!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

She has YouTube videos where you can see more of her process. lol She uses the same blob technique I do! I just need to learn to restrain my exuberance! I am not good at leaving white spaces…

I am struggling with the #5…I don’t like the random brush strokes in one color…and that weird grass thing she does…lol…

I will get them done before Sunday and then after our Zoom, I want to try and catch up on the doodles!

@Abbeeroad — I love your doodles…the second one is so cute! I got my neon paint pens today! I might just cut up some black paper instead of painting pages of my journal black…not sure yet…

1 Like

Wow!!! :heart_eyes:

I’m a day behind but here’s my full a spiral page. It’s taking restraint to not start filling everything in.

9 Likes

Wow, that’s gorgeous! Is that your favorite color palette? I see you use it a lot!

Thank you! I’m not sure if I have a favorite (I love all colors) but it’s definitely the palette I’m most comfortable working with.

2 Likes

It almost looks like a city scape. What a difference putting the shapes on the outside of the spiral vs inside!

3 Likes

Doodles 11 and 12. I turned the book sideways to do the leaves.

9 Likes