Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2022

I did a little catching up last night…

11 Likes

So much fun! I just love how each of us makes something so different from the same prompts!

Love the colors you used in your words!

I am all caught up now but just have to take some pictures!

1 Like

I really like both @megwell ans @Abbeeroad’s words pieces! I’m still a few days behind, I might skip forward to the worlds page and get back to the regular schedule then do the ones I skipped at the end.

3 Likes

I didn’t think I’d like the words because I did that as part of her Chasing Freedom class and it was not my favorite exercise. But I think the smaller scale really helped!! I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

I’d like to play around with the meaningful symbols more. I chose a heart and a leaf for love (obvi) and nature. I’m not crazy about my page but choosing the symbols was definitely half of the exercise, lol. I tried not to overthink it and go with intuition. I don’t love the page, but I do feel connected to the symbols and their meaning! :heart: :leaves:

2 Likes

It is going to take me a few tries to like the words doodles. I did like the concept but it felt forced to me. However, I had the opposite feeling with the big flowers…I want to fill a whole journal with flowers! :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Yessss! I love all of these!!!

I’m excited to try the flowers. Maybe I can squeeze it in on my lunch hour. :laughing:

Your flowers are wonderful. For these, a coloured background seems to help, I might have to give in and paint something when I catch up.

I just slapped a thin coat of cheap acrylic paint on a few pages. Waiting for them to dry was the hardest part…I am going to paint another journal just of plain colored paint because I have a feeling there will be more of these colorful doodles coming up.

Scallops. The first one looked like strawberries!

8 Likes

The second one looks like olives, at least to me it does.

I sort of skipped over the whole “ascribing meaning” portion of that exercise because it was stressing me out :laughing: .

2 Likes

You and I are on the same page about that as well! I am failing at the “learning to be insightful” about myself parts of the process…not sure why…it stresses me out as well…

I sort of just want to do repetitive patterns and not think too much…Here is my ONE piece on that lesson…and I hate it, actually! lol I was going to do one using MY marks, then realized I really didn’t have any!

5 Likes

I love your B+W scallops!

In her journal petite class there is a similar missive to find a symbol that is meaningful to you. I chose peace signs for that one, but it just didn’t feel right. The hearts seemed simple and obvious, but then I thought of my girls putting hearts on everything and once my hands made the shape, I knew it was familiar and right. The leaf just kind of came to me after that. If I had to work too hard for it, I would have skipped it, too.

1 Like

I know I am overthinking it…I did find something I am drawn to…ginko leaves…just have to figure out how to stylize it into a workable doodle for me! I left a couple of pages to try later.

Right now, I am into making more flowers!!

1 Like

Ooo…I like it!! It does feel very you. Hm…maybe fan-like?

Oh, dear…the monthly handmade book club live Zoom was hacked by teenagers cussing and being nasty…poor Ali could not find them to block so she just abruptly ended the Zoom…what is wrong with people?

Oh no. Poor Ali and all of the attendees…

She was very apologetic and flustered. I hope she can edit it out…

I need to practice my lettering more but I’m obsessed with these little mini books

My photo assistant isn’t sure what to think about my item placement

9 Likes

Yesterday’s and today’s doodles (because I think I’ve messed up my numbering somewhere).

6 Likes

Indeed. How awful! :slightly_frowning_face:

@photojenn - so cuuuute!! Love it!

@megwell - nice flowers! The center of the big orange one is so interesting! I can’t decide what it looks like. A planet? A burger? Audrey II?

2 Likes