Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2022

Nice!!! You did a great job making those from your own artwork!

1 Like

I do think it kind of looks like a mouth. I started doing the circles and then realized that was too actual-flower-like for me. But then I didn’t have any bright ideas about what to put in the center instead. Overall I enjoyed that exercise a lot more than I thought I would, though.

That’s kind of where I am. I’m trying to be game to experiment doing all the exercises, but I also keep reminding myself that not every lesson will be for everybody, and that’s okay.

4 Likes

I’ve just sat down to start painting, bought the class, then realised that I might have to wait up to 24 hours for the class to arrive in my inbox… boo!
I’m going to paint some backgrounds and pray to the email gods :pray:

3 Likes

I have that same deviled egg dish! Never thought about using it as a paint palette but it would be perfect for that.

2 Likes

Small flower stem doodles

Catch up doodles:
Scribble doodles

Curvy doodles—I need practice on making curvy lines

Spiral

Leaves. I really like the first one…but I did it upside down in my journal!

Circle Dash

Another big flower

9 Likes

LOVE your scribble doodles!!

1 Like

A little off topic but if you follow Julie Fei-Fan Balzer on Instagram, she is showing all of the Artful Holiday projects so clever women like us can just observe and re-create!

2 Likes

Also, Drew Steinbrecher is offering a free board book/gel print class - the link in on his Instagram bio.

2 Likes

Caught up! And a little flowered out, lol.

9 Likes

I’m in!
Here are the pages I finished last night. I just had a go by myself, inspired by the work you shared above, thank you :hugs:

My background acrylic paint isn’t matt :grimacing: let’s hope the pages don’t stick together.
Also, any tips for how to clean acrylic paint off the palette?

7 Likes

Wait for it to dry and peel it off.

Thanks!

You also rub wax paper over the pages when completely dry, the wax will help with the paint/paper not sticking.

2 Likes

@Abbeeroad Such pretty flowers! I really love the last one…the colorful background really sets off those flowers!

@PrincessP so glad you are playing along! I love that you can see your background through the big spaces in the circles. The shapes of the last one are really cool…

2 Likes

I think your flower is adorable, reminds me of a cartoon Venus Fly Trap :smiley:

@Abbeeroad your bottom flowers are such great shapes.

@AIMR your black and white scribbles :heart_eyes:

Everyone is doing so well with this class! I’m bummed I can’t participate along with each day. I was going to skip looking at this thread because I was getting discouraged but decided to enjoy all your work now and when I’m feeling better, I’ll pick and choose the ones I really want to make. She is duplicating a lot from her Doodle It class, just in smaller scale.

2 Likes

I have been thinking of you! Hope you guys feel better soon! I have been unusually tired lately, so I have been taking 3-6 hour “naps” in the middle of the afternoon! I have been doing a lot of the classes very late in the evening…

I agree…just do the ones that you like! I do multiples of the ones I like and just try the ones I don’t care for. I have been keeping notes and learning from not just the classes, but also from all the posts here! Take care, dear friend!

1 Like

Yay!!!

1 Like

Some backgrounds I painted this morning before we took a little drive to a quilt store :heart_eyes:

After watching the first video I saw that it’s ok for the colours to moosh together :sweat_smile: so I was a bit free-er and it was really fun.

I plan to use these pages for the leaf (or other nature) designs

8 Likes

I had to laugh when I saw your big flowers, because…

Today’s fought me (related: all white gel pens are on my s–t list). I managed to bring it around to something that kind of matches the prompt, I think, but sheesh.

7 Likes

I started another doodle journal with today’s lesson. I am waiting for the cover of the other journal to dry so I can take pictures of yesterday’s lesson.

Not sure I am really a flower person with doodles, but, it was interesting.

20220806_221712

9 Likes