Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2022

Love that white on blue!

I love the white on blue Linda :slight_smile:

One from the class and two from me :hugs: They both started with ‘dalmation’ spots and then went their own ways :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

I love your dalmation spots! :laughing:

The second one is very mid-century modern…love them!

The blue and white one I did does remind me of Scandinavian designs…I might try something similar on red.

1 Like

Really, really liking the second one!

1 Like

Andrea is doing a Watch.Learn.Play, preview next week with some new mixed media prompts. I love her first batch of prompts so I’m looking forward to this

3 Likes

I’m mostly caught up to Doodle Petite, except for the peacock feathers prompt.

Horizontal doodles:

Vertical doodles:

Strawberry doodles:

I really enjoyed the line ones and was pleasantly surprised by the strawberries, although outlining them in Sharpie muted some of the nuances of the shapes.

8 Likes

Love them!! I am catching up today as well. I wasn’t crazy about the peacock feathers.

1 Like

Two things - has anyone heard if @audity had her second child?

And what kind of swaps would folks be interested in doing for late August/early September? I know I had suggested altered puzzle pieces but I’m also thinking - embellishments (again), painted papers, or paper dolls or …

Let me know what you’d be interested in trying/making…

A girl, I believe

1 Like

Catch up photo dump, lol.

The strawberries were really fun. My girls made strawberry pages, too! :laughing:

10 Likes

I might end up stealing that vertical doodle that looks like an isolated chunk of weaving (righthand page, second from the spine). That’s a really cool effect.

I sort of got burned out trying to keep up as much as I did, and that one just wasn’t speaking to me that day. I almost took the next day off too, but the lines were enough to pique my interest.

Steal away! I’m sure I stole it from someone somewhere.

1 Like

Working on this doodle inspired book cover while I wait for the signatures to press. Cover is made of Kraft-Tex painted with Inktense blocks and doodled with a Uniball Vision pen.

8 Likes

Very cool!!

1 Like

aw it is nice you are thinking of me, I got the happiest sweetest miss Violet on Christmas day!

also I think paper dolls sounds FUN!

5 Likes

My big flowers :cherry_blossom: :hibiscus:

And one of my own, titled Autumn Leaves :maple_leaf:

6 Likes

Violet is my favourite girls name :heart_eyes::star_struck:
Congratulations on your baby girl :hugs:

2 Likes

Love the background that you did on the Autumn Leaves!!

1 Like

Thank you :hugs:

1 Like

And I have a book! I’m planning to do more doodling on the cover but couldn’t resist sewing in the signatures.

7 Likes