Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2022

It looks great!

2 Likes

I’m sure people are wanting more classes to sign up for :laughing:

3 Likes

So many classes, so little time! I think my schedule is at capacity at this point (famous last words). One observation I’ve had in the last few weeks is how much I prefer classes that have a dedicated meeting time/live component. I find it helps with accountability (if I show up, I’ll actually do the class) and is more fun (other people creating along with you). For me it’s too easy to buy more and more on demand classes and then move on to the next thing and never come back to them.

1 Like

Another birthday shaker, packaged and headed to the shop I sell through, once she opens again. Strict lockdown happening right now :frowning:

5 Likes

I’m loving making wonky bits to have on hand for decorating ATCs and journal pages.

I decided to branch out and used different color papers and inks. I tried some leftover gel prints but I think that’s too busy.

And I wanted some more ideas to draw so looked up botanical line drawing and came across this book. I got the kindle version for $8

It has about 200 drawings of leaves and flowers. Each one shows 5 simple steps to draw it.
Im liking most of them. Some I was not as successful at.

10 Likes

well it looks like the kindle version is now $10

1 Like

I’m posting here, as postcards are 4x6 and paper. and probably paper or mixed media!

Has anyone ever done postcrossing? @chiaroscuro just told me about it, and it looks like so much fun!!!

5 Likes

I did for about a year, a few years back. But the international stamps cost about a buck each and most of the addresses I got were international - it just got too expensive for me.

Also, folks mainly want specific types of postcards and not many include handmade postcards on their list. But there is a Happy Mail craft along on here…

4 Likes

That’s cool you tried it! I figured it was just something I hadn’t heard of.

Even with the higher cost for Intl. I think I’ll try it for a bit, anyways. I think it’ll be fun!

3 Likes

I was on postcrossing for a while and it was fun, but generic. Oh yeah, and people do ask for specific postcards. I did get some nice ones when I played. When Happy Mail started here, I gave up postcrossing.

3 Likes

I’d never heard of it until you mentioned it but just signed up.

2 Likes

A tiny fraction of cut out fodder - using master boards, leftover gel prints and other painted papers. Some are stamped and some are traced from stencils.

9 Likes

I’ve been playing with paper, made these for some happy mail. I love the process of making these, it’s so meditative.

15 Likes

I’ve been making masterboards for fodder.

And some little folks for fun

Okay back to something with a deadline!

13 Likes

These are fabulous!

2 Likes

those little people are so cute. was it a stamp? or a stencil?

1 Like

It’s a standard people shape made for kids - I traced and shrunk on copier. I make sheets of them in different sizes for the kids to color or to use in their art.

You can find them at big box art & craft stores in the kids section.

1 Like

Making some clusters a la Fodder School but using stuff that lingers on my desk.

And check out this cool Frida paper. Ooooh

9 Likes

Make beautiful messes … describes me

2 Likes

I love the organic textures, the layers, the stitching, so much depth!! Just gorgeous.

2 Likes