Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2022

While talking to my dad last night, listening to the same stuff he told me a few weeks ago (he’s 83) I picked up a pencil and started mindlessly doodling on scrap paper. When we finished, I wondered if I could translate what I’d just done to a card. Here’s the result …

13 Likes

I need more paper like I need a hole in my head but where is the Frida paper from??? I have loved her work since I was a wee child and adults thought I needed some kind of psychological help LOL

2 Likes

Very pretty!

2 Likes

I learned about this video on swap-bot.

Basically you take strips of tracing paper and stamp and stencil on them to make a stash of collage fodder

Here are mine

10 Likes

I found the Frida paper at Paper Source but someone on FB said she found it at Dick Blick. Both are in SF - just a hop, skip, or jump for you….but also probably on line.

2 Likes

@Amfkinney and I had a full weekend! Yesterday was hit the 5 quarter stores for some interesting stash. Today we made paper bag journals!!

12 Likes

What’s a quarter store?

1 Like

Was so much fun. I needed a crafting playdate!

3 Likes

5 quarter store! No longer the dollar store. Inflation is everywhere :smile:

Those paper bag journals look super fancy!

2 Likes

Oops, I read it wrong … 5 quarter stores … I thought she meant they went to 5 different Quarter Stores :smiley:

Back in Alberta, we had a Dollar Tree and their sign read ‘where everything costs $1.25’

3 Likes

I’ve been working on a junk journal for a couple of weekends now (I work slow these days. Motivation is in the sewer…) following the style and methods of Luise Heinzl mostly. I also got myself a Cricut and started using it yesterday. My 3rd cut was a bunch of mushroom shapes to add to the journal, but I thought they were boring so took some watercolor to them. I LOVE the way they turned out and wanted to share the cuteness with ya’ll.

18 Likes

Playing with water colours and doodles

7 Likes

What a fun thread! Lots if fun creativity here. As @Bugaboo mentioned, we had a fun day of crafting and playing with paper. I made my first junk journal that day using a paper lunch bag. So fun! I can already see how addicting this can be!

9 Likes

I had a 3-hour zoom on Saturday morning so I cut out all dolls and critters I stamped.

And made some more clusters.

Some are stamped on painty papers and some I colored with alcohol markers. I used up a lot of gel prints and roll-off papers. I want to stamp these on muslin to make mini dolls. I’ll save that project for after my inchie dice are done.

16 Likes

Did you make the stamps? I adore them

1 Like

No, they are from Art Foamies.

1 Like

I really don’t need to sign up for any more classes but I couldn’t help myself with this one. I just love her style with geometric shapes and watercolors. If anyone is considering signing up, she posted a 10% discount code on her IG if you sign up before the 14th - EARLYBIRD22

1 Like

I also signed up for another course, also with an early bird discount.

2 Likes

Tonight’s Under the Influence class was inspired by creativechaosstudio.returns. These color scheme tags were fun to make and I can see making a ton more and adding lots more marks and doodles.

11 Likes

There’s something really satisfying about making these colored tags. I think they look like ugly Christmas sweater patterns. Today I was playing around with alcohol markers.

11 Likes