Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

My guess is Dylusion paints

I see you.

Also, shamefully, I didn’t even read the sentiments. Hilarious!!!

1 Like

The full quote is “don’t hug a cockroach when you feel like doing that” just some more nonsense from inspirobot.

I used pan pastels.

I didn’t do the gesso step on the pages that you can see well. I also used artist acrylic paints, which some shades are transparent.

I use liquitex basics acrylic paints, they seem to blend muuuuch better without getting muddy, than regular craft acrylics.

1 Like

I’ve been making the switch to liquitex from craft paints as I use up the craft paints. I had also bought a couple other brands but am liking the liquitex the most.

I am pretty heavy handed with the gesso. I need to back off on using so much.

2 Likes

I bought a Liquitex 24 pack of small tubes a few months ago and I am liking them, too! I think I’ll probably switch from craft paint toi, although I have a couple teals in craft paint that are gorgeous!

1 Like

I made my foam stamps and posted about them here:

1 Like

Just saw on Instagram that Alisa Burke is offering an online class for $15, called Pattern Discovery. Mary Beth Shaw of StencilGirl is also offering a new online class.

There are more - I’ll list them when I get to my laptop.

Dina Wakley - https://dinawakley.com/store/

Shawn Petit - https://shawn-petite-inc-workshops.thinkific.com

For those of you still home with crafty time on your hands.

Also - each art company/manufacturer has videos to show off products. Ranger and Grafix film (two things I was looking at one day) and they are free. I also search a product on YouTube, like Grafix film for example, and you can usually find someone making something with the product.

2 Likes

A free weekend of mixed media goodness - short videos by 24 artists.

From Carolyn Dube’s newsletter:

How do you make them? How do you decide what to put on them? How do you use them to get you unstuck? All of those questions are answered in a free 30 minute video walking you through it step-by-step. That way if you’re ever stuck or need to play but just can’t seem to - you’ll be able to use your own custom set of dice.

How do you watch the video? The video is part of free weekend retreat for the kick off of this year’s Make Create Express on July 11 & 12. There are 24 teachers, each with a free video for you. To get access, you’ll need to register for the free weekend pass here.

BUT, there’s a catch, the videos are only free for 24 hours once they’re posted because this is kicking off Make Create Express, a year long online art workshop. In that year long event, there are more lessons from each of the weekend’s artists. Members of the year long event will be able to access the weekend’s videos all year. There’s an early bird discount happening right now for those who want to do the year long workshop and you can find all the details here.

2 Likes

I signed up for the free weekend - then I’ll decide if I can handle a year-long deal…

SO. MUCH. ARTING. :exploding_head: Pretty awesome, thank you for sharing. I don’t know if I can take part this weekend, but it’s tempting.

1 Like

That’s pretty cool! But, I think it’s more than I can tackle right now. I also need to remember that I have a porch repair/rebuild to pay for… :wink:

I had signed up for that free weekend too. Not sure how much of it I will get to but it was free!

1 Like

I’m interested! What an opportunity! But I am sticking to my plan to keep my Halloween swap on target. Have fun, y’all! I hope you share!!

Thanks for sharing the link! I’m going to see if I can fit in a couple of sessions over the free weekend :art:

Signed up, and concluded my approach will be to take notes for later reference rather than going on the “necessary” shopping spree. Oh yes, there has been quite the inner debate on that one. Hard turning down an excuse to buy a bunch of supplies! :angel:/:japanese_ogre:

2 Likes

I figured I’d be skimming the videos for idea rather than actually doing all the art over the weekend.

1 Like

The Snipping Tool and OneNote are my BFF’s. Take those notes!!

1 Like

I signed up for the weekend thing; now someone please hold me accountable for actually watching a couple of these videos :smile: (Seriously, though, I’m so bad at follow-through on this kind of thing.)

2 Likes

I hear you. I need to get up and out tomorrow and not spend the day vegging out and making stuff.

So much stuff…

2 Likes

I tried the lesson Hiding in Plain Sight by Traycee Alane. I really enjoyed it! Meet my new friend…

I think I will try these techniques again :smiley:

6 Likes