Paper pieced cushion in blue - Monster Jam 2020

You can play along with Monsters too!

A long time ago in a far away and nearly forgotten land, the magical master of monsters @Kwality570 agreed to share some of her monstery energy with a craftylittlemonkey. Born of that exchange was an adorable creature I’m pleased to introduce to y’all.

Meet Cha-cha! Isn’t she something? Made of denim, everybody’s favourite fabric :wink:

I felt a bit like Dr Frankenstein trying to bring this beast to life. Paper piecing is weird but I kinda like the brain puzzle of it.

Look at that face! Tell me you don’t want to squish her, aww…

Fits a 16" pillow form and will live with our boy child who is the collector of Kwality monsters in our home. He’s away right now visiting grandparents, I’m excited for him to discover this when he gets home.

She has a sister too.
Monster Jam 2020-01

17 Likes

I’m in love! So cute!!! I love the striped horns!!!

2 Likes

WILDLY WAVING ARMS

I LOVE HIMS SO MUCH!!! And this color palette sings loudly to me! With the stripes!!!

:four_leaf_clover: :heartbeat: :shamrock:

2 Likes

I love how her eyes are just slightly off…such personality in that face…

2 Likes

When I transcribed from the drawing I thought I’d made a mistake but nope, that’s how those eyes aligned. funny how it’s more obvious in fabric. I find it so interesting how things change when taken from one medium to another.

2 Likes

Which makes each creation unique each time! Love the use of denim…a soothing palette for a cusion!

2 Likes

Your son is going to love this! Paper piecing is so crazy, I can’t imagine doing it with denim. Was it harder? Love the use of a @Kwality570 monster. I think we all love those. :blue_heart:

2 Likes

It is a really light weight denim looking fabric, very easy to use. I had to back the finished piece with fusible web to make it a bit stiffer in fact! I used both sides for the 2 colours of blue.

The teeth! So adorable.

1 Like

I really want to make one of these, but my brain has decided that’s enough crafting for tonight. I’ll make one tomorrow :grin:

2 Likes

I love his horns and his teeth and the fantastic lines!

He is going to be so excited!

1 Like

I love it! I have done paper piecing in the past, but the last time I tried it just didn’t work out. However, seeing this adorable monster makes me want to try again!

1 Like