Peg-leg Crab & Friends 🦀 - Birthday Buffet Table Decor

I just couldn’t walk by this laser cut coral craft kit thing at JoAnn last week since TheMisterT’s Old Man & The Sea birthday celebration is coming up. As I went about finding what I actually went into the store to buy, I remembered that I had some sea creature wood shapes at home in my stash. WOO!

That’s when I realized that I would just spray paint them all silver - a lot of the party decor is in grey and silver - because old man. :wink: When I dug them out of the “wood parts” storage tote, I realized that the crab - my favorite - was missing a leg. Now what? Well, cartoon pirate style peg leg is what. Also eye patch. Obvs. :pirate_flag:

TableReef00

First, I painted it silver along with the rest of the pieces. Next I cut a wood coffee stirrer to be “peggy” and glued iit on where the missing leg had broken off. I made a little air-dry clay “strap” and let it dry.

Once dry, I painted the new prosthetic - watered down acrylic for the wood, black for the strap. More black paint for the eye patch.

For some reason, I find this so funny! TheMisterT thinks so, too. We’ll see if anyone even notices with these all just scattered among/tucked in between the dishes on the buffet.

All materials except the coral piece from stash. YEY! Even used up on can of silver spray paint.

Maybe the crab needs to wield a cutlass?

UPDATE: Now with 100% more cutlass!

Cut 3 cutlasses with my Cricut. Two in dark grey cardstock, one in silver. Used gold and black sharpies on the guard and grip, respectively.

17 Likes

Ah ha ha ha the peg leg & eye patch just make it. Hee hee!

2 Likes

A peg leg crab…now that is imaginative and funny!

2 Likes

More party fun! The crab with the peg leg is so cute! I vote yes on a cutlas.

2 Likes

Great save on the crab!

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone!

@endymion I couldn’t help myself!

8 Likes

100% the cutlass makes it. Love it!

3 Likes

Aaaargh!
That’s some fine decor, matey!

Looks like you’re set, but if someone else wants marine decor, dollar tree has metal seahorses, octopi, and turtles on wires.

3 Likes

Oh, that is awesome!

2 Likes

I love this guy! so much personality!

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone!

@jemimah He might have o become a fridge magnet or something so he can stay in our lives.

3 Likes

I’m @AntBee and I approve this message.

2 Likes

Obviously you find it funny because it’s effing hilarious. Seriously, I love it!

2 Likes

OMGosh as if the crab itself wasn’t enough of a crack-up!

I love it!

2 Likes

Awww, thanks friends!

1 Like