Puppy Shower Gift Box

One of my dear ones is finally getting a dog! You know that joke: “He said it was him or the dog. Sometimes I miss him”? Well, that’s not exactly the story, but it’s close enough!

CindaPuppyGift01

While she’s not actually having a puppy shower, if it were feasible and reasonable I’d probably help throw one for her upcoming bundle of joy. She hasn’t had a dog since her teens (a few decades ago) and her ex kept her from getting one for about the last 10 years.

The sticker originally said “IN THE DOG HOUSE” but I rearranged the words. :grin:

CindaPuppyGift03

The printed cardstock & stickers on the exterior is from Photoplay’s Dog Lover Collection Pack, the box and lid base pieces are from a Recollections pad, and the interior liner is Dog Party Paper from Echo Park.

I cut this with my Cricut Explore using files from svgcuts.com: Hinged Boutique Box.

22 Likes

I love all of your paper projects :smiley:

2 Likes

This is so cute! And Puppy Showers should so be a thing now. I’d much rather attend a puppy shower than a baby shower or bridal shower. Does that make me a bad person? :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Thanks, friends!

Oh, they’re a thing! The first time I heard about one was in the early 1990s! That’s the last century! :flushed: We can be bad people together… I’d rather attend a puppy anything than a people anything, pretty much. I JUST THOUGHT ABOUT MAKING A POOP BAG CAKE IN THE SAME METHOD AS ONE OF THOSE DIAPER CAKES!!!

4 Likes

OMG, you HAVE to do that!

1 Like

I just might! :smiling_imp: :crazy_face:

But first I’ll need more poop bags.

2 Likes

Do you guys have Tuesday Morning where you are? Oddly enough they are my favorite source for poop bags. Because yes, I’m weird enough to have a favorite source for that. They’re kinda like a cross between Big Lots and a TJ Maxx/Homegoods. Everything is overstock from other more expensive places, that has been marked way down. I tend to find ‘pretty’ bags there to match Astrid’s leash & collar. Because she’s a Princess, and I’m nuts.

1 Like

Funny: part of my thrifting trip last week was hitting the Tuesday Morning stores in the area I was visiting! They had a small Missoula location when we first moved here, but it closed not long after. :frowning_face: I did not buy poop bags, because we don’t need them and I had already picked up a pack at TJMaxx for this gift! I would totally buy cute ones if I needed, too, though! :heart:

This is so adorable! So stinking cute.

1 Like

Me too. So much love.

1 Like

This is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen!

1 Like

I, too, am team Pretty Poop Bag because, why not??

2 Likes

Awww, thanks everyone!

1 Like

This is so cute! I’m glad your friend can finally get a dog!

A few months back, it started raining super hard. My mom commented, “it’s raining cats and dogs!” My two year old niece ran to the window, then looked suspiciously at my mom. When she explained what she meant, my niece looked one more time, then started laughing. She laughed so hard, she fell over and was crying. Cutest thing ever! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Now I want to tell her about a puppy shower and see what her reaction is. She’s three now, so who knows? :rofl:

5 Likes

Thank you! That is such a sweet, cute story about your niece! I’m glad she found humor instead of deep, deep, life-changing disappointment in the situations! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

There’s that phrase about “putting lipstick on a pig,” but I’m all about “dog$h!t in a pretty bag.” :rofl:

1 Like

Congrats! Your Puppy Shower Gift Box is one of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome!

1 Like

Awww, thank you!

That’s an awesome puppy gift for your friend!
It’s beautiful and I love how you cut and changed that text sticker (word art!).

1 Like

Thank you!