Quilt-along 2021

I just fell across this marvelous kaleidoscope quilt and a mesmerizing video to go along with it, wow!

It’s like a mandala, too! Sooo cool.

1 Like

Still faster than I would have done! And, it looks great! It will make a fantastic pillow, too.

1 Like

That’s amazing! I’ve got nothing but admiration for your patience and skill.

1 Like

It’s absolutely amazing :open_mouth: Paper piecing is so hard and there are about ten million different pieces in this block. I can imagine why you don’t want to do a whole quilt of these blocks, but it will be an amazing cushion cover.

1 Like

Bad picture but finished the top tonight!

10 Likes

That looks lovely :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Woohoo! :blue_heart:

1 Like

So modern looking! Nice job!

1 Like

Awesome! I love the simplicity of the design. It lets the denim shine.

2 Likes

It makes me feel like I’m at the ocean!

3 Likes

I MistressJennie offer my Raw Edge Circles Quilt for my medium challenge entry.

Full project post can be found here: Raw Edge Circles Quilt

10 Likes

I love the design of that @Immaculata really contemporary

@MistressJennie swoon that is awesome really balanced colour composition. Astrid doesn’t look too impressed

1 Like

Very nice!

She wasn’t pleased to be up at 4:30 in the morning. She insists on getting up whenever I do, and won’t be left in the bedroom if I get up early and Jim is still sleeping. But I woke up with my tailbone aching at 4:00, and couldn’t get comfortable enough to fall back to sleep. I had to move around to ease the ache, so I took quilt pictures, and made a batch of white chili in the crockpot. She dozed on the couch giving me occasional side-eye.

2 Likes

I have been stalled on working on my next lap quilt. The fabric I ordered was snowed in somewhere in the midwest, no updates on shipping for a whole long week. It was terrible. :grin:

But it started moving again yesterday, so hope has pushed despair away. I can start watching the front step again.

3 Likes

Oh no! I’m glad you were able to find something productive to do and white chili sounds pretty tasty, but it’s too bad you were awakened so early! Has the ache at least diminished some since you were first injured?

I love how your circle quilt looks like it was specifically made for your current living room!

@Immaculata, I have to agree with @Lynx, your quilt made me think of the ocean as well! You did a great job transforming those jeans into something so pleasant to look at and relax with!

1 Like

I’m doing better than I was. I was able to drive myself to a doctor’s appointment yesterday (unrelated), and I’ve gone from yelling obscenities when I stand up or sit down, to mildly muttering under my breath. I can walk around slowly and do tasks that are at torso/bust height, like dishes or chopping vegetables, but can’t reach down to the floor. But the thing that still really hurts is rolling over in bed. I can fall asleep on my left side for a few hours, but eventually my left hip gets sick of that, and I need to roll to my right. That’s a few minute process, wherein I’m trying not to yell and wake my husband. Eventually the pain keeps me from finding any comfortable spot and I just have to get up and move around for a while then ice it again, so I’ve been up around 3:30-4:30 since I fell.

Coincidentally my doctor had also fallen on her tailbone, and fractured her elbow at the same time. It was interesting with her, the nurse, and I all working together to get me rolled over on the exam table yesterday, so I could sit up. :laughing:

1 Like

That sounds pretty hellish.

1 Like

I’m glad it’s decreasing, but I wish for your sake that the pain and discomfort would decrease faster!

1 Like