Quilt-ish Wedding Decor Ideas?

So I’m on the hunt for inspiration of how to include quilt “themed” items in to my fall wedding decor. We aren’t doing any real florals (Im not a flowery person) so I’m trying to figure out ways to fill that void.
The only thing that comes up on pinterest is a quilt guestbook, which i have zero interest in :sweat_smile:
Any ideas would be fabulous!

4 Likes

Table cloths or runners–cloth or paper printed with quilt designs, if you dont want to piece them all
Covers for the chair backs
Pieced looking ribbons

2 Likes

Yoyo flowers? Or some other kind of scrappy fabric flowers…

Long strips of fabric fluttering in the breeze?

4 Likes

Hanging quilts on walls. There’s a great method that uses cheap wood yardsticks from Lowe’s/Home Depot and Command hooks. Using quilts as tablecloths on things like the gift table, under the cake, under the guest book. I’m not exactly sure what a quilted guestbook is, but you could make up simple blocks, with blank centers, and ask guest to write something with permanent fabric pens, then you could stitch them together into a future quilt.

3 Likes

Abbeeroad did a scrappy fabric flower for the Spring is in the Air Challenge that could make an amazing bouquet…

5 Likes

Ooo…now I’m thinking of quilted flowers! :thinking:

2 Likes

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals!

You could use quilt-inspired paper items as well to go under center pieces and such.
Cut and piece printed cardstock or scrapbook papers.
Use embossing folders that imitate quilting or fabric. These could be monochrome or done with printed stuff. You can also use embossing folders on paper napkins to customize them.

1 Like

Oh, and if you like a vintage “shabby” look, you could always search out a used quilt that has some stains or tears - especially one that was mass produced in the first place - to cut up for runners, etc.

2 Likes

My brother had an outdoor wedding. They used straw bales for seating. They borrowed quilts from family and friends to cover the bales. It was beautiful.

1 Like

Search “cutter quilt” on ebay for damaged and less expensive quilts. I just purchased these on ebay last week. I have plans for the yellow, but nothing for the other pieces. I wonder how they could be used for a wedding.

4 Likes