Scraps in Bloom - Spring Is In the Air Challenge Entry

I can’t seem to get out of scrappy mode. Inspired by all the wonderfulness in the Sew Scrappy Swap Gallery and the exceptional scrappiness of Next in Fashion contestant Nigel Xavier, I decided that I literally wanted to turn my scraps into flowers for this challenge. I only managed one, but maybe I’ll add a few more to one day have a scrappy bouquet!

Lots of pics just showing the same thing because I couldn’t decide which ones were best.

And one showing the back a bit…I don’t have a nice, clean back. Maybe on V2!

There is a pipe cleaner in the stem and metal in every leaf/petal, so the whole thing is posable. It’s a bit top heavy, but still sits in a vase if it’s tall enough.

Bring on Spring! :bouquet:

36 Likes

They are ALL the best! I love it all immensely.

1 Like

Love this so much!

1 Like

It is fabulous! I love that it is poseable and that even the stem is wrapped in fabric!!!

1 Like

Holy cow! This is phenomenal! Love is an understatement!

1 Like

This is total scrappy genius! Beautiful!

1 Like

This is brilliant! Stay in your scrappy zone for a long time. Itxs wonderful!

2 Likes

Fantastic!!

1 Like

This is terrific! WOW! And I love that you took inspiration from Nigel - he was so great on the show! It was a really nice season.

1 Like

What a great way to use your scraps! When I saw your in progress pic in the snapshot thread, I thought you were making leaves. What a clever idea to create a scrappy flower. I really like the stitched yellow center!

2 Likes

That’s so pretty!

1 Like

Coolest scrappy flower! It turned out so pretty!

1 Like

Love it! So fun and colorful.

1 Like

so nice! well done

1 Like

Very cool idea and execution!

1 Like

Nigel! I love him :heart_eyes: And this scrappy flower is amazing!!! I kinda want to see a whole room full of them but know that would take FOREVER. So you, I love it!

1 Like

Love everything about this little scrapper! So pretty! Making it poseable is the crowning touch.

2 Likes

I admit that this is take 2 on the stem. I wanted it more scrappy, but actually like that it’s more plain. The busy scraps stand out more!

Yes, yes! I really enjoyed it!

The center also went through a couple iterations. You have Mr. Road to thank for this one. He told me he liked it and to stop messing with it!

:heart: Love the Nigel love!

Thanks everyone! It was really fun to make! :blush:

3 Likes

This is genius. :star_struck:
Beautiful way to use up scraps. :smile:

1 Like

This is absolutely AMAZING my friend! So unexpected, and so lovely.

1 Like