Quiltalong - 2022

I have 2 more blocks to make. I am up to 10 in total so I made 5.

It’s slow going as I try and remember what I thought I was doing. And I had to unpick several times because that’s all part of quilting!!! :roll_eyes: (so that means I made loads more blocks than 5)

So, I’m getting there.

Apart from reclaiming the desk for work, everything is still festooned over my room so it’s not gone back in the bag! This is also progress!!

4 Likes

I am very familiar with this step of the quilting process, lol. It sounds like you made quite a bit of progress!

1 Like

I am planning on getting the 2023 Quiltalong up and running next week when I’m back home and have access to my computer (added bonus, LittleBookLover will be back in school, so I should have access to my ability to focus as well :crossed_fingers:). I will also do the 4th quarter drawing and announce the winner then.

In the meantime, our January BOM will be a wonky star block as nominated by @Magpie. This block can be made using a paper pieced method or a traditional method that uses an improv style. Both are great ways to possibly try something new while creating a fun star block!

Wonky star - improv piecing
Wonky star - improv piecing video tutorial

Wonky star - paper piecing
Tutorial on how to paper piece a block

We will also do the entwined star as the BOM for a later month.

9 Likes

Fun!!!

2 Likes

Joining quilt related activities on Craftster is what grew my fabric stash beyond all reasonable borders, so I’ll just watch the rest of you for now while I try to whittle down my stash by doing non-quilt projects. I have several 3 yd. quilt projects on my to-do list but even they are taking a backseat to small scrap projects right now.

9 Likes

Take a look at this swap…one place for scraps.

4 Likes

Send me luck - I am on the cutting sashing section :scream:

7 Likes

woohoo–You are doing it!

2 Likes

A lot of procrastination at the moment. And lunch!!!

3 Likes

I dont actually know what this means but good luck! You got this! Think about how invigorating it will feel when you post back here, “done it! On to the next part!”
:mega::tada::partying_face:

2 Likes

How’d it go? You’re so close to finishing that quilt top!!

It was going well…

Then I had an issue with construction. A couple of the blocks (incidentally not the ones made by me - (I can tell the seams are perfect) are too small. I thought I measured but I think I got confused between completed and not fully bound block sizes.

You can see at the bottom of the pic (I hid the rest), the sashing is off by about 1/2 inch - so frustrating.
Anyway, I need to “fix” 4 blocks - 2 to trim and 2 to re-make.

This was never going to be perfect after sitting in a bag for 10 years (with no plan / instructions etc), but, the bottom half is so off, I can’t cope with winging it!!!

Next week I try again.

6 Likes

Oh and I forgot, because I wanted to make best use of iron time, I also played around with these …

Much work to do, Layout is not finalised, but brother has dibbsed it!!

Batiks were from @geekgirl for the 2021 12 days of Christmas

10 Likes

:partying_face:
Our 2022 fourth quarter winner is @AIMR!!
:tada: :tada: :tada:

9 Likes

The 2023 Quiltalong is now up and running!

7 Likes

Congrats @AIMR - you hustled last quarter!

1 Like

@AIMR , well deserved! Congrats.

1 Like

Congratulations, @AIMR!

1 Like

If it weren’t for these craftalongs, I probably would not get this much done…everyone is so inspiring and supportive! Thanks!

4 Likes

I should have been following the quitlalong after I gave the helm to audiobooklover. I missed seeing you pop in! I’ve missed you.

2 Likes